Computer

:rolleyes: Thats why you gotta keep your shit clean, and partition your programs that you're gonna run in one drive, and everything you d/l, or have stored in another drive....you'd be surprised how well your computer will stay running.

I've got an HP right now that I got for free with the hard drive going bad. Maxed out the ram at 312 or something like that (forget what it actually gives off the top of my head) and its a little 450 mhz. It still does its job quite well. I'd never buy a HP though.....shits to hard to work on. I had to pull the power supply box out, the cd-rom halfway out.....just to get the little connection from my new sound card up to the cd-rom.....plug and play my ass.

Dell's are easy to upgrade, and the newer models are pretty nice. Thats what I'm going to when I upgrade in the next few months. If the rest of your computer needs an upgrade (monitor and such), I'd try to find a nice package, but if you just want a tower, look into a computer show that they'd have going on around your way. You can get stuff for a lot cheaper. They have them here every couple months in the Philly area.

I got lucky and got my 21" sony trinitron flatscreen and the rest of my computer from this rich neighborhood that some guy upgraded I guess (I drive a recycling truck). He didnt know you could just pull the hard drive to get rid of all the information, took the cover off the tower, and smashed it all up with a hammer....I was so pissed at that, woulda been a sweet tower.

Also look into one of those split keyboards. I dont have one right now, but I miss the one I used to have. It's a little awkward at first, but once you get used to it, its so much more relaxing on your fingers to type, and when typing on a regular keyboard its incredibly uncomfortable, you'd be surprised at the difference.

Well, the best computers are custom built computers. I have one, that my dads friend built, for pretty cheap ($1000), for everything u need, CPU, Monitor, Awesome speakers, keyboard, mouse. He specializes in high powered gaming computers. My cpu is a AMD athlon 2.4ghz, 512 mgs of ram, Geforce 5900fx video card(one of best out). Also comes with Windows XP home edition. He trys to make everything match, like my whole setup is black and silver. His goal is to get the most "bang for the buck" so he will search around on the internet for all the best parts for cheap. If you went and bought a computer in the store, up to par with the ones he builds, it would cost you well over $2000 dollars. He is also located in connecticut. His website is new, and not that good. www.tramtech.com Check him out. Sorry for the long post.. Im bored as hell -_-

That sounded like an infomercial, but the post just caught my eye ;)

:dance:

If you want a decent/proper have one built up to how you want it dont get one of the cheapo ready built packages mentioned here.

I agree!!!! If you can read, you can build one yourself for a 1\2 the price. Workin on a shee is harder then building a computer. :D

actually if you want a sweet computer for cheap, and dont know how to / want to build it, go here:

www.hot-deals.org

this is my secret little website that kicks ass for finding good deals

IM me for a few more sites like this, i cant give all my secrets away ;)

I think a custom build computer is not what 2003bansheeman350 needs.

Sure you can get somewhat more bang for the buck, i used to build everything myself aswell, ordering the best parts for the cheapest price all over the country.

Then when something breaks (software or hardware) you dont have any support whatsoever.

You have to troubleshoot everything yourself and if it turns out to be hardware error.

Then you either need to send it to the manufacturer or goto hell to receive a new part from the distributor.

2003bansheeman350 wants a good putter that works, for emailing and other basic stuff.

I it doesnt work call supportl have them fix it.

I would go with a prefab putter.

Go to www.newegg.com, free shipping and mostly oem stuff. That just means stuff such as the processors don't come with pretty boxes and its 25 bucks cheaper. On a build you cannot beat their prices especially with the free 2-3 day shipping!! I searched the net for hours only to come back to newegg for the best prices.