Aha! Jetting Fixed!

nater006

First off, I suck at jetting. I suck because I hate it because...every machine I've purchased has had its jetting totally off the friggin wall.

The CBR900RR had 160 main jets (2.5 increments) when it should have been at 122.5! It ran.. not well though. Its close now.. 125's.

My old Tecate-4? Ha.. dont even go there. Guy must have been running like an alcohol/gas mix.. it was about 50% too big. Unreal.

CR500's? 3 sizes off on the first one, 2 on the second one.

The Banshee? Couple sizes too big...

250R? another alcohol mix candidate or something.

So there's a jetting history. Hence the reason I hate it with a passion. Never know quite why someone would put those large large jets in and don't want to drop it in size too quickly... = tons of jetting hassle in my life. Anyway.. over the weekend.. I popped 230's into my Shee and took it out. Checked it, wasn't bad, so I went out and screamed for a bit. The plugs are a nice golden brown.

Its about friggin time! like 7 machines later something is finally jetted perfectly :)

Sorry.. just am happy and had to tell somebody before I burst.

Yes it does. In all honesty I haven't put much jet time into it yet. Knew it was off (boggy high range) and worked down through the numbers as quick as possible. Should be easy to figure out for summer, also, now. But yeah.. its good knowing that I know just where it should be for 30-40 degree weather at my elevation :) easy to work from there to figure out any other jetting changes.

And yup... going like crazy is a good way of putting it :D