What Size Jets?

bbv69

Hey guys i ordered the pro circuit power kit from Moto-man.com it came with reeds, reed spacers platinum pipes, mains,boost bottle, and no directions. The mains were 260's and i figured that since its a kit they would be close. Anyway i rode all day saturday then was looking around here and the recommendations were anywhere from 280's-340's. Also where is a good place online to buy jets and pilot jets? No one carries the banshee pilots.

2004 banshee

Pro circuit Platinum pipes

304 silencers

boydston carbon fiber pro reeds

reed spacers

boost bottle

k/n filter

airbox snorkel removed and underside of snorkel area dremeled off, 3 1" holes at the rear of airbox lid

260 mains right now stock pilots havent even messed with the air fuel mixture screws or idle since it started and idled first kick after the install of all this crap. :D

Thanks for the help in advance

Dealership is the best place to get the pilot jet.280 main jet is what i used with my Pro Circuit pipes.All i had was the pro-flow plate with the k&n filter and no snorkle.Someone else can give you a better idea,but i would say use no less than 280,but your probably gonna need bigger than that.

I just ordered 280's, 300, 320, 340 and 27.5 and 30 pilots from magicracing.com finally found a good site and good prices, now what size should i start from ballpark figure i just dont wanna start at 340/30 if its gonna be 280/25 you know i dont wanna take the thing apart 80 times :D:P

From what i see on here,everyone says the Pro Circuit likes a big pilot,and recommend the 30,thats what i used too.Like i said before i used 280,but didn't have as much done to my airbox as you do.So maybe start with the 300 or even the 320 just to be safe.By the time you get your jets,other people can respond and give you a better idea.

The reason you are seeing such a wide range of mains for a given set of pipes is due to the large difference in air flow you can get depending on the way you set of your airbox and filter and some temp and elevation differences.

In your case the K&N will flow a lot of air and the airbox lid mods you describe will flow prety much just like removing the lid. Therefore you will be at the higher end of the range on the main size for your pipes. Starting rich is always a good idea.

I'd say the jetting that you should be at for sea level 60- 80 degrees when your all dialed in would be:

#30 pilots air screws 2 turns out

Needle one position richer than stock (4th clip from blunt end)

#320 mains

I think the 340's may be a little bit too rich but I wouldn't count on the 320's being perfect but probably the closest of the mains sizes you bought. You may want to get some #310 and 330's do dial it in perfect or adjust for air temp & elev. differences in the future.

This could be off a little so you need to perform a plug chop to verify the jetting on the mains.

If it is colder than 60 - 80 then the mains may need to be larger, if your at a significantly higher elev (+1500) then you may need to drop a size on the main.

really all depends on your bike i have same setup on mine as my buddy does with complete different jets. best thing to do is go out and do the good old plug chop test to dial in your specific set up. base your start point around ducmans opinon though should be pretty close to that.