Need Some Help

Ok, as some of you know, I ride bikes, but I also have my girlfriends banshee to take care of....so I just recently got done doing a facelift on the banshee.... new plastics, graphics, torch lights, nerf bars, bumper, grab bar...and bunch of other little things.

the bike ran fine before I pulled everything apart. the only motor stuff I messed with was..cleaning the filter, taking off the carbs and pulling out the stock reed cages, just to check the reeds, and then everything went back on. I replaced the gaskets for the reed cages, since I pilled them off.

now the bike rev's kinda funny. it rev's up fine, but when the rpm's are coming down, it just lags in spurts. sounds kinda like an air leak, but I don't know what could possibly be leaking. some people said the floats could be stuck....I dont know. help me o' wise ones :)

Did you connect the choke tube that runs between the two carbs? Also in the ballance tube in tight? You know the tube that runs to each intake boot? Maybee the carbs are not seated right?

by the air leak test, do you mean spray some wd-40 around the motor to see if the rpm's go up? I did do that and the rpm's chaned slightly, when I sprayed around the boost bottle (I know, I know boost bottles aren't cool, it was on there when I met her) but I don't see how that could be leaking :huh: and the carbs seem to be seated fine. but then again, I suck w/ carbs :unsure: . anyone in socal wanna play with some carbs for a complementary 20 pack :)

disclaimer:: not just anyone! has to have carburator system experience. oh...and should be atleast 21, unless you want a 20 pack of pepsi :P

fine cracks develop on the intake boot, also if you didn't clean off all the old gasket material and put a brand new gasket...takes two, one for the reed cage and one for the boot..your gonna have issues. I'm shure it's somthing simple seeing as you didn't tear anything major apart. Leakdown test could actully pop your crank seals and gaskets out. be carefull if you do it.