+4 Stroker

bansheelover

hey guys,

i wanna a little more power and i dont have too much money, i still have my stick crank and i have a bunch of shit done to my shee and im worried about it separating. maybe next winter i wanan look into a stroker crank. I dont want to do any case work and i want to use my existing cyl's and headso do u think this is the way to go?? I also dont want to port if i dont have to..... im stillin school so that gives u and idea on my funds....

Thansk in advance!!

Matt

I think I would keep running it they way you have it set up now, maybe check the rods and crank for any movement out of tolerence once a year or so, but I could be totally wrong about this as I don't have quite the experience of others. I believe the crank seperation deal is somewhat of a luck of the draw thing, some do it sooner than others, some last forever. I think a lot has to do with how hard you ride and abuse the motor. I think a lot has to due with how hard you abuse the clutch and gears not just the power adding mods and compression.

Matt, in a nutshell it sounds like your looking for a +4 stroker if case mods etc. are not in your game plan. You can drop a +4 right in with no case mods. BUT, if you dont port the cylinders and compensate for some strange things goin' on in your motor with that stroker crank with the stock port configuration, you wont even scratch the surface in available power...Jim