Parking Brake

limitied03

This is great timing I'm removing mine tonight! Remove the long ass bolt out of the rear brake.Use an allen wrench to remove the two bolts.the plastic housing and everything should be loose.Wipe the flat area down clean the using the two allen bolts,install your E-brake block off.

Head up to your e-brake on the left side of handlebars and line up the two adjusts so you can slip the cable through and out the bottom of the lever.Make sure your not messin with the clutch lever! Then slide the cable through the shee and pull it through the rear.You should have the cable and all.

I am stuck on one thing.I still have TORS.I need to find out if i just simply unplug the two wires leading to the parking brake,snip and twist or do something different.

Hunted down the thread, he is another thing you can do with out, TORS. Props to the guy who wrote this!!!

step by step for ya here you go:

1. unplug the wires coming out of the TORS carb caps.

2. follow those wires back to the wiring harness and cut the plugs off as close as you can and put a piece of small heatshrink tubing over the end of each wire and shrink it. then tape them into the harness.

3. unplug the TORS brainbox. its a small black box on the left side of the frame under the gastank. tehn follow those wires back and cut htem off and heatshrink them.

4. take the throttle cover off and remove the small switch in there and then unplug it. follow wires back... (heatshrink and cut like previous steps.)

5. buy a new clutch perch and lever the stocker is junk. also remove the parking brake while your at it and get a blockoff plate. then unplug the wire coming out of the clutch perch and follow those wires back and heatshrink and cut like before.

6. buy a TORS removal kit from Vito's performance or Toomey or Alba. then remove your old crappy junk TORS caps on the carbs and install the kit!

7. most important step! step back admire your work and sip at a beer. pour something flamable on the pile of junk you just hauled off and watch it burn! but cut off all the plugs first. those could come in handy sometime...

Damn good find! I'm not ready to remove the TORS just yet. The wires leading to the sensor on the parking brake,what do i do with those? Can i cut,twist and be done with it?I want to do the perch mod when you cut off whats not needed and polish whats left for the clutch.

Can I perform steps 1-5 without the removal kit? Will it still idle normally?