Banshee 535

240gordy

i just got the 535 kit for my banshee and i am debating how long of swing arm i shold get.... any tips would help im thinking about 6" i dont want it to long becasue i still want to have fun with it... just tell me what you think..

also if anyone is looking for stock banshee cylinders, rods, wrist pins, etc. i have them and they arnt beat up they are off of a 03 banshee.

my email adress is gordy_426@hotmail.com

thanks.

Hard to say how much swing arm its going to take to hold the front end of that beast down but I'd think that if you just like to have fun any more than +4 or +6 will start to make the turning suck. Might also want to extend out the a-arms and the axel to keep stability with the stretched out wheel base.

• 2 weeks later...

Alky or gas?

Stock frame or aftermarket? If aftermarket, how much is it extended?

How much do you weigh?

How much does the bike weigh?

I've gotta guess your doing some drag racing, and if so a +6 wouldn't work too good.

If your somewhat light (180 or less) on a drag chassis I'd recommend an 11 or 12 over. Heavier guys can get away with a little less like 9-10 over.

On a stock chassis, a 535 making anything respectable would need at least a +12 on a full launch.

A plus 6 or 8 would probably get you by, but it'd be a compromise and you'd probably just end up getting a longer arm anyway.

I weigh about 185, and ride a 535 on alky in a drag chassis (about 220 wet). The bike worked really well with an 11 over arm and 9 paddles at glamis this thanksgiving.