Stupid Exhaust Question

Liftedbronco

A "silencer" is just that; something pretty free flowing, or even straight thru with fiberglass to soak up some of the loudness, but flow as free as possible.

A "spark arrestor" generally is a little more involved. It will have usually have a wire mesh towards the end and can be more of a canister internally where the exhaust will flow through different sections to catch the sparks, and quiet the sound. They can be very elaborate, or very simple and fairly free flowing.

Usually the US Forest Svc and some parks will require the use of a spark arrestor. Depending on where you ride will depend on whether you need one or not. I don't run one and I'll wait until I'm told I need one before I use one.

Whats the difference between a silencer and a spark arrester.  The pro circuit exhaust sells them piece by piece.  Do I need both?  Im not interested in arresting sparks.  In fact if im shooting flames id be pretty happy.

Nope. You just need the silencer. I believe the procircut spark arrestor just bolts on to the end of the silencer. If you need arrestors for riding in parks you can always get them later.