Cleaning Banshee Pipes

i have toomey t5's on my o3 banshee and i go crusing and offroading so i wanted a solution

i went to Ace-Hardware i went to the car section

so i saw simple green cleaning product standing out so i went and bought it it is very good it cleans the pipe like new

1)spray on pipe headers etc

2)clean it with a soft towel so no scratching happpens ""soft"" ok

go SIMPLE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCT

do you have the chromes? my new set got screwed, My little boy rides with me sometimes,, ( tha boy is a adrealine junky) his feet fit perfectly on top of the nice pretty chrome, I got burnt rubber from his tennies.. he Sure wasn't complainin about cold feet that weekend.. You think the simple green will work?

http://www.geocities.com/woodstockii/LILSA...ADDYBANSHEE.JPG

(notice in the pic I got his foot propped up with my knee)

If the simple green doesn't get it off you can use a razorblade. This will take it off but you gotta be a little more carful because you can scratch the pipes if you dig the razor into hard. Just do it gently and alittle at a time. Its very good for getting the heavy stuff off like burnt on plastic or rubber from riding pants. You may need to use some mother's polish to get the show shine back.

If the simple green doesn't get it off you can use a razorblade. This will take it off but you gotta be a little more carful because you can scratch the pipes if you dig the razor into hard. Just do it gently and alittle at a time. Its very good for getting the heavy stuff off like burnt on plastic or rubber from riding pants. You may need to use some mother's polish to get the show shine back.

i used never dull cleaner and polish, and fine steel wool. it took off the "mirror" finish, but they still look 10 times better after cleaning. they had splotchy minor heat marks on them that wouldn't come off otherwise.

No need to use a razor blade to get shoe funk off the pipes. Acetone, Laquer Thinner or MEK (Metyl Ethyl Ketone) will do the trick. Just make sure you wear gloves and do it in a well ventilated area. You *MAY* need a plastic paint scraper to get off the chunks as they soften up.

Once the gunk is gone, grab some Mothers Metal Restorer and a soft rag and buff 'em out.

To remove bluing, a product called BluBeGone will do the trick with a little elbow grease.