Noss Adapter W/ K&n And Outwear

DIRTBIKEZ

I am running a stock 2002 Banshee and recently purchased a Noss adapter plate with the K&N filter and pre filter. I was trying to do my research so that I would have a better idea about what jets I needed to change when it became time to install this thing. Well it came today and I was removing stock filter to get a feel for how the new one goes in but in the process or removing it, I snapped the white plastic clips off the top of the stock filter frame :( .

I'm about 20 feet above sea level over here and I'm not sure what jets need to be changed. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -Sean :unsure:

***Stock airbox w/lid and snorkle.

If you have a filter flange from Noss then don't worry about the stock filter and cage. You might need to cut the plastic tabs inside the airbox that holds the stock filter as well. What kind of mods do you have (pipes, open airbox-no lid) anything besides the filter?

just take your stock filter and throw it in the trash. its easier to remove the airbox to drill it for the bolts while its out then to do it while its in the frame. once you get it out, clean the box real good, place the adapter plat all the way down in the stock filter mounts. (the piece will set in there at the bottom) mark the holes, drill them, and before you bolt it in, put some bel ray water proof grease around the big o ring that seals it off. as far as your jetting, are you running a lid on the box, 1/4 of the lid cut, no lid ??? that will be where you need to figure out what your doing so you can get the jetting as close to where it needs to be, after that its all a few rejetting secions to get it dialed in. look for a post by benbb for the complete guide on jetting and youll be good to go. later

After reading what appears to be BenBB's webpage on jetting it looks like im going to be increasing the mains anywhere fom 5-7 sizes over the stock 200s. I picked up a set of 250s, 260s and 280s (the dealer did not have any 270s at this time). The guy at the parts counter said that he thought it was alot for my mods (filter and removed snorkle) and that when they pipe a Banshee they only increase 1 or 2 main sizes. So between those, the new filter and most likely a removed snorkle hopefully I'll be able to get her jetted correctly. :)

After reading what appears to be BenBB's webpage on jetting it looks like im going to be increasing the mains anywhere fom 5-7 sizes over the stock 200s. I picked up a set of 250s, 260s and 280s (the dealer did not have any 270s at this time).  The guy at the parts counter said that he thought it was alot for my mods (filter and removed snorkle) and that when they pipe a Banshee they only increase 1 or 2 main sizes.  So between those, the new filter and most likely a removed snorkle hopefully I'll be able to get her jetted correctly.  :)

Well don't ever let them pipe your shee. For my pipes you should go up about 8 sizes.

To be honest with you, I am very skeptical when it comes to dealerships both automotive and otherwise. I could not see myself having a dealer do anywork for me unless it was work being done under a warrenty. I've only been around 22yrs but I've seen enough to know exactly why people refer to them as "stealerships". B)