What I Need To Get In To Drag

Black&Blue00

ok well i have been thinking and i made my mind up i would like to get in to drag racing and i was just woundering what kind of motor work should i do as soon as i get the money i was looking at a the cheeta (sp) kit in the 535 i think it is but im not to sure i will be doin all types of drags if i get in to it by that i mean sand road and ice and also i was woundering around how much money do some of you have in to your quads

Man, no offense, but you're going to have to be more specific. Are you wanting to still be able to ride this thing, or is it going to be strictly drag? That's the main thing you gotta decide. I can't say enough about chassis setup though. All the motor in the world isn't going to matter if your chassis doesn't work.

Let us know in better detail exactly what you're wanting to do, then we'll be able to give more detailed advice.

P.S. Be prepared to spend a lot, cause this stuff is addicting, and you'll always want to spend more and go faster....... :)

ok well it is gonna be mostly drag but i may use it in dunes to ride and also everyonce in a while i will use it for trails when i am on vacation and cant be by a track so what i am lookin for as of right now is a nice all around quad but has the power to hold its onw in a drag race the thing that has gotten me in to it is that i rode a drag sled this weekend at the ice tracks and it was just amazing how much power it had and i want to be able to do that on the shee

ok well it is gonna be mostly drag but i may use it in dunes to ride and also everyonce in a while i will use it for trails when i am on vacation and cant be by a track so what i am lookin for as of right now is a nice all around quad but has the power to hold its onw in a drag race the thing that has gotten me in to it is that i rode a drag sled this weekend at the ice tracks and it was just amazing how much power it had and i want to be able to do that on the shee

Typically drag bikes are ONLY drag bikes. There's no way in hell you are going to take a stretched framed bike through trails, let alone one that does 100mph+ in the 1/4, that makes its usable power in the 8,000-12,000 rpm range.

All around power won't get you much as far as drag racing. I guess it also depends on the class you enter too, but choose wisely on the set up. You can't very easily convert a drag bike to MX or a dune bike. Its easier to just own one set up for each type of riding.

• 2 weeks later...

just go with a 4mm stroker crank dune porting bigger carbs some cpi inframes a noss head reed cages a plus 4 swing arm should run verry nice all around the 4mm crank and dune porting is gona give you plenty of power to beat almost all the 350s except for ones set up for dragonly

some places to check out

quicksand motor sports for swing arm

patriot racing for any motor work you need done