How Fast

mxbanshee98

It all depends on the take off ramp. If it is very steep, like a kicker, you may need to go even faster. If it is a gentle slope where your not going to go very high, but go far, then I would say third should be good. It also depends on how big the take off and landings are. Remeber, it is always better to overshoot than to case a jump.

• 4 weeks later...

I usualy don't count my gears when I race..I can kinda feel if I'm going to make a jump or not. Practice first, run up to it as hard as you can, then go around the jump, examine the lip, take off surface and especialy the langing, if it's a short and steep down slope, you got to be right on. If there are any G-outs try to avoid that line. Then after you feel you can get the speed, hit the jump slow and see how it throws you to help find the best line. then..since it's a double...grit your teeth, have a buddy stand by then nail that bitch with all you got. If you don't clear, hope you got good medical coverage. Triples are a bit easier as you can always double them up.