Midwest Roostfest?

spoin39

If we can get this going where would you rather it be?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason that Haspin sounds better to me is that camping is cheap, they allow alcohol, and you can night ride. I don't encourage anyone to ride after drinking but some can sit at the campsite, others can go on a night ride. Badlands don't offer this, you can't have alcohol and you can't ride after 6:00. Gumby: there is a hospital about 20min from Haspin and it is closer to Indianapolis than Badlands so a Lifeflight would be quicker if needed. Are you planning on getting wild or do you have a medical condition? I really hope we can pull this off! I'm thinking memorial day weekend, let me know if this sounds good to most that plan on attending.

i came online to vote tonight,but some how my vote has been in.....(maybe one to many cocktails the other night oops)..Anyways haspin would of been my first choice just because I never been their...Badlands will be just as good!!Only bad news is I wont go on menorial day.few of my buddys can't make it....any other weekend would be fine.

It don't look like alot of guys are interested so far...perhaps we should plan it for labor day to give it time....It's a good chance badlands will be one of my first few trips of the year.maybe have a pre-midwestroostfest at the bandlands.We'll have a good time,chat about it here and maybe a few others will join for the big one on labor day.....just a thought.

Haspin will be packed on Memorial Day weekend, which means lot of people to race at the drag strip :D. But it also means we won't get much sleep, since people (possibly us ;) ) will be running all night. If everybody can't make it this weekend, I vote for another. The last part of June will be bad for me, since we will be taking our anual trip to The Land Between the Lakes.

Whatever dates you guys decide, I'm gonna try to be there. I'll be at silver lake memorial weekend, but I don't think SL is the greatest place to plan a get-together, because there's no telling when everyone will actually get in.

Badlands is the best for me, cause it's only 2 1/2 hours for me, but I'd be down to go to haspin acres also. My work schedule goes day by day, so chances are, I would only be riding for one day, so the closer it is, the more likely I'll make it there.

You guys are a bunch of worry warts! Silver lake is easy to get into on a non-holiday weekend! you just get up at 8 and waiting line until 9, then u get in and ride until 9pm!

I plan on going to all 3 this year, so whatever! I go to silver lake every month, so i guess i could skip the SL and go to indiana! But if you want the big dogs to race, you better head to Silver Lake, the best dunes East of the Mississippi (maybe the only ones)

heres some pics od Silver Lake if imagestation is finally working:

fb01dc5b.jpg

fb01dc51.jpg

fd0bed29.jpg

fd0c6a4b.jpg