Request your help

Banshee Fan

What do you prefer in Pipes?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I currently have what it says below in my sig. My father and I bought a Banshee and we are looking to pipes. We know we want to get Pro Circuit Platinums ($244.99) with Pro Circuit Factory Sound Silencers ($144.99). Will this pipe/silencer setup work? We couldn't find information on this, and we figured it would, but just want to make sure. Also, We know we have to get a K and N ATV Jet Kit ($57.99). Is that all we would have to do? Would this all workout fine? Please give me your opinion. And the prices are in perenthesis to see if you know where I can get them for a cheaper price also. Thank you for your time, and any help is greatly appreciated.

~Banshee Fan~

CPI. they pull the hardest and rev longer than any other pipe. and i think they have good low end too. you're looking at $600 for pipes and silencers. otherwise from the ones you listed i'd choose the pro circuits. they are also a very good pipe.

I have Toomey's T5 on my 99 and FMF Gold on the 95. The T5's are an excellent pipe and although I have not run both pipes on the same quad, I like the T5 better. The FMF has a more noticeable pull at a certain point but the Toomey's pull longer. I also have the Hush Kit on the T5's which makes it nice and quiet. The sound is still there but it doesn't rattle the windows a mile away like they do without the kit. I recently got a pair of Motofast 2:1 pipes which I haven't tried yet. I'll probably put them on the 95 and see how they compare to the FMF's.

The other cool thing about Toomey's pipes is that if you have questions, you can email them and actually talk to Stuart Toomey!!!

I like T5's and CPI's over the ones you listed.. The T5's hit is hard as hell, and have a good top end pull, all in all the make VERY good power. CPI on the other hand has a bit smoother hit, and pulls to the freakin moon! The make awsome power up top, but kind of lack the grunt down low like Toomey has.

Out of the ones you listed, my vote goes Pro Circuit

Banshee Fan, before you buy them check the price here, might be cheaper and they have great customer support:

http://www.rockymountainatv.com

Yes you need both the pipes and silencers.

No you don't need a "jet kit". You will need main jets and probably pilot jets. The mains are a standard small hex Mikuni, pretty much any bike shop will have them for $2-3 each. The pilots are Banshee-specific, so you have to get them from a dealer or a handful of online shops. The Yamaha part numbers for the pilots are:

260-14142-27 (27.5 pilot)

260-14142-30 (30 pilot)

260-14142-32 (32.5 pilot)

What size pilots you'll need will primarily depend on your air filter and airbox setup, and to some extent your elevation and temperature. Typically 30 pilots for pipes and filter will work for most applications. What size mains you'll need will depend on your mods, elevation, and temperature. We can get you close there once you decide.

BTW, you would be well advised to upgrade the shitty stock air filter setup ASAP, and if you do it at the same time as pipes you won't have to rejet twice. Depending on where you're riding, either an UMI adapter plate ($40) and a single K&N filter ($30) with Outerwear ($10), or a Pro Design adapter plate and foam filter ($80 or so), a Toomey 2 into 1 filter with Outerwear ($40-ish I think), or dual K&N filters with Outerwears ($70-80 I think). Each of the above has it's advantages and disadvantages, either run a search in these forums or post a question and someone (usually a bunch of someones) will offer their opinions, just make sure to detail how & where you ride.

By that same token, the pipes that will suit you best depend on how & where you ride. CPI and Toomey T5's are great pipes, but more suited to open duning than trail riding (before anyone gets bent, I didn't say you COULDN'T trail ride with them, just that they will perform better on dunes). DMC, FMF, and Pro Circuit, among others, are great all-around pipes. Anyway, anything will be an improvement, so have fun. Good luck.

If you go with toomey pipes you will get everything you need and all you have to do is install and ride. I dont recommend a k$n filter anyways. In my opinion they let in too much dirt and for the 1/4 or so HP you gain its not worth it. The toomeys come with all the jets and good directions their customer support is the best, I had a pipe hanger break and I emailed them asking how much a new one was and before I had a chance to check my mail again there where a set of new pipe hangers at my house, NO charge and they shipped it priority. They also give me stickers and shit all the time. I would really consider other pipes before you buy procircuits which by the way are better than DG or alba.

peace :wink:

OKAY, MAN, GET THE DMC 2 INTO 1 KIT, I HAVE THESE PIPES AND THEY ARE THE SHIT!!!! THE PULL LIKE A TRCTOR ON THE BOTTOM, GLIDE ON MIDDLE, AND REVV TO THE MOON!!!! I HAVE GONE TROUGH THE PRO-CIRCUIT, FMF, AND EVEN HAD THE CPI'S. THEY CPI ARE MORE OR LESS A DRAG PIPE, THEY ARENT AS GREAT AS EVERYONE SAYS, TRUST ME I HAVE HAD THEM, THEN I DECIDED TO RY SOMETHING NEW, AND THESE DMC ARE THE BEST MAN, SERIOUSLY I NEVER SEEN MORE PERFORMANCE OUT OF A PIP KIT IN MY LIFE BEFORE ON A BANSHEE.... I EVEN DYNOED IT AGAINST THE PROCIRCUTS,FMF, BUT HAVENT DYNOED IT WITH THE CPIS YET, BUT I THINK THE DMC IS A BETTER PIPE, BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET THE 2 INTO 1, NOT THE ALIENS!!! 8)

Thanks for all the help, I think I'm still gonna go for the PCP's for now. I was told they are the best all around pipe you can get, and that is exactly what I want. I race at a motoX track/I ride trails all the time/I go to the dunes every other weekend during the summer. I dont know what we are going to do about intake. But we'll see, and all the info from you guys really DID help. It's greatly appreciated and noted.

~Banshee Fan~

~Get used to Riding with the best, soon youll be ditching the rest~

I'd go w/the pro-circuits myself :lol: I run that setup w/ a dynojet kit & prefer them in overall performance over my previous toomeys. A buddy of mine just bought a kit for around $500 from ProCircuit that came with the Platinum pipes, factory stainless silencers, complete jet kit, & boyseen reeds & spacers....and maybe a pro-flow adapter. Pretty good deal if you ask me. It runs damn good for a stock motor, now he just needs to get rid of the stock filter shit & go with a 2:1 or K&N's....