Any Good Pipes I Shuold Get

I bought the quad last summer and haven't touched anything on it , just rode it (actually dragged it) it was set up for mx though. The guy I bought it off of said should use 100 octane, and he did not know what compression was, but said had 17cc domes. The place I buy fuel at only carries 114 superstock fuel , so thats what I run. It is jetted perfect though. Pulled the plugs to check comp and they were perfect tan color. I run what the last guy was running klotz r50 at 50:1. Thats what I have run at last summer and didn't have any problems with it. Don't know what the jets are yet. just started to take apart to find out these things. Need to check tranny , having problems with hitting neutral between 4 and 5 gear or 5 and 6 gear.. Also he had it set so it will not idle, so it will not foul plug.

Should I come down in compression and if so to what point?

Maybe you should elaberate by what you mean by bogging in higher gears. Is it not going into the band and revving out cleanly or is it just not making quite enough power on the top end to sustain speed in a high gear (5th or 6th) when you are going up and incline or something like that? We need to determine if your bike is running correctly and your just not satified with the power or if their is a problem and that's why it is bogging in higher gears. In this forum, bogging is generally a term used to describe a problem where the motor is not reving as high as it should due to a too lean or too rich condition. As for the compression, if you have a trued and welded crank I guess your bottom end could take the punishment but it seems like compression that high would cause crank bearings, rings , ect to wear out alot faster. You definitly need to be running straight 114 octane race fuel to not have a detonation problem. Assuming a stock motor and no porting, if you dropped dome size to say 20cc then you could run 1/2 race fuel and 1/2 pumpgas or possibley even straight premuim pump gas. 21cc straight premium pump gas for sure. This will save some $ on fuel and possible maintenance but going down in compression will drop a little power as well, and you are looking for more. If everything is good with your setup, crank, jetting, and is more or less running properly then maybe you do just need a higher revving pipe to suit your riding style? FMF SST's?

That compression is fine if your happy with running the super octane. If its a PITA for you, then back it off to 19 ot 20 cc. I'd keep it where its at if its running good. Like Ducman said, maybe you'd be happier with some FMF SSTs.

Here is what I know . Stock cylinder, mx port, stage IV head and timing plate, 17cc domes, stage iv single carb, hinson clutch basket, duncan racing star (might need adjustment) fatty's

I have no problem running the race fuel, I just drag and flat track. Don't go through a lot of fuel.

Every thing runs fine on the shee I am actually getting drag pipes to help top end, the guy before me had the fatty's for mx. Some say that 160-170 is probably the best range for compression though, I was just wondering.

It is not bogging at all, never said it did. It just hits neutral sometimes when shifting wither between 4-5 or 5-6. Doesn't bog or anything just like it doesn't quite go into gear fully that's why we are going to tear it apart. It will actually pull in top gear doesn't bog, just not enough top with the fatty's.... Just every once and a while it will do it. Probably doesn't help that i speed shift either. But, something isn't quite lined up or something worn out I think.

yea it seems like it doesnt have enough power to pull the gear, liek it revs out cleany, but i mean if im in 4th and i rev the shit outta it, it still falls outta the pipe in 5th, but if im on a flat it well eventually climb through the rpms and rev out then i shit to 6th and all over again it goes

No it does not fall off the pipe(powerband) it hits NEUTRAL. It revs sky high and will coast to a stop.( i have to shift it again into gear) I have more than enough power. I weigh 250 and I can pull 6th gear with no problem even up hill.

Just tore it apart today and it needs a new shift stop and it was also out of adjustment on the star. Hopefully that is it. tore everything down and looks fine otherwise, but while torn apart going to put in new seals and rings for the season.