What Was Your First Motorcycle?

what kind of ride do you have in the beginning?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duece, I wasn't lucky enough to get the Elsinore when it first came out even though my parents ran the local Honda dealership at the time. But a few years later I did manage to get one that was set-up for flat track and had the original proto-type mono-shock that had been developed here in Tulsa and the guys that built it later sold the rights to Yamaha. Terribly crude with a monroe car shock absorber. I later upgraded it to a Fox shock and took the front end off a RM125 and mounted it up and had a pretty good bike although it was a "Frankenstein" ride for sure....Jim

Duece, I wasn't lucky enough to get the Elsinore when it  first came out even though my parents ran the local Honda dealership at the time. But a few years later I did manage to get one that was set-up for flat track and had the original proto-type mono-shock that had been developed here in Tulsa and the guys that built it later sold the rights to Yamaha. Terribly crude with a monroe car shock absorber. I later upgraded it to a Fox shock and took the front end off a RM125 and mounted it up and had a pretty good bike although it was a "Frankenstein" ride for sure....Jim

awwww i remeber those days we had a high school motocross team and used to race at saddleback park in orange county california.....damm that was ages ago......now im raceing a frickin four wheel pig, but the SOB flies.......first half green bike i had was that elsinore...damm aluminum tanks...dual rear shocks.....gaylin moisure lived up the street ..wild bill coty racing speedway lived around the corner and rick woods another speedway racer, scraped my briggs and stratton for a honda 50 engine on my mini bike.....the band Steppen Wolf practiced in a garage up the street.......garden grove california was smokin in the late 60's early 70's.....one of the neighbors was in the Hells Angels...my older brother had the worlds record in his class for a Chevy 302 Nova...shit and here my kids riding a new CR-85....and bitches about mowin the lawn........damm how times have changed........

Yeah, my kid has a new car, dirt bike, Jet ski,cell phone, credit card and more spending cash than 6 of his closest friends combined and is just crushed to get on the rider and mow the lawn. I was working at 11 yrs and saved enough for a SS Chevelle by the time I was 13. What the hell happened here?....Jim

Yeah, my kid has a new car,  dirt bike, Jet ski,cell phone, credit card and more spending cash than 6 of his closest friends combined and is just crushed to get on the rider and mow the lawn. I was working at 11 yrs and saved enough for a SS Chevelle by the time I was 13. What the hell happened here?....Jim

shit jim you had a chevelle? you probally saw more butt than a toliet seat in that car........my first car was a honda cb-750-f....super sport....a few years later the sweet ass RD-400 like you have......a RD-250 with coffman down pipes......then came the flyin kawi 750 triple...i traded that to a buddy for his crashed kz-1000 cop bike.....then at about 21 years of age i finnally got a car...my moms mint 64 chevy belair......

I had a 78' 750F with a 920 kit 12:1, Branch flowmetrics head ,and titanium valve train golden RC rods, smoothbores. Then got a black 79' DOHC 750F...man I loved that bike! Later had a supercharged 750 with Tracey body and flames and chrome.....It just whined and puuured down the road...those were the days..I would give anything to have that supercharger back now days. Built several Ray-Jay turbo ZI-R's with over 20 lbs boost with nitrous and water injection back when I was a Kawasaki wrench. Got to eyeball alot of Paul Gast work back then on H-2's and H-1's..thats really when I was just getting started. I was extremely lucky to work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best 2 stroke guys in the business...I was truely blessed and knew it....Jim

I had a 78' 750F with a 920 kit 12:1, Branch flowmetrics head ,and titanium valve train golden RC rods, smoothbores. Then got a black 79' DOHC 750F...man I loved that bike! Later had a supercharged 750 with Tracey body and flames and chrome.....It just whined and puuured down the road...those were the days..I would give anything to have that supercharger back now days. Built several Ray-Jay turbo ZI-R's with over 20 lbs boost with nitrous and water injection back when I was a Kawasaki wrench. Got to eyeball alot of Paul Gast work back then on H-2's and H-1's..thats really when I was just getting started....Jim

damm jim i picked up that 79 cb too it had dualoverhead cams.....i traded a kid a set of drums for it..........man my 78 ss was sweet that black and kinda burnt orange..i had a kirker 4 into one header man that fucker made some good noise......i even sported the 500 four for a while....those were damm decent bikes...remember when an expansion chamber was allways a down pipe, no one made a up pipe like they do today........shit Jim were pretty old fellas

i had the fastest green machine on the block, it went BRAMMMM BRAM BAHHHH BAHH BRUM BRUM. then the plastic tires went :( so mom bought me a big wheel :) and i had the fastes loudest big wheel on the block. then i turned 4 and was stuck on a old honda z50 with training wheels and i didnt have to make BRUM BRUM sounds. its been fun raising hell ever since.