Kx 100

I was thinking of buying me one cause I think it is an awesome bike. Anybody know anything about this bike? does it have powervalves like the 85 and is there much difference in power between it and a 85cc? How fast will one go with an aftermarket pipe and sliencer? Does the suspension hold up good for jumping and motocross? (by the way if you need to know I'm about 5'6' and 140lbs.)

yea, I know what they are. Just never ridden one. I'm the same weight and height as you, and have had people tell me that would be a good bike for me. I think it would be o.k., but I would rather get a 125 becuase once I got used to the 100 would want a bigger one like the 125. I've ridden my buddies 250 and it's a little to heavy for me. I'm pretty sure you could set one up for motocross though. Just my opinion...

I rode one about ten years ago. It was a "big wheel kx80" modified with the 100cc jug. It had aftermarket reeds with everything else stock from what I remember. It did beat a brand new 100% stock banshee in a rolling drag race (not from a dead stop.) The suspension was ok. buth the seals in the front forks leaked. I 've also had a KX125, and the KX 100 would not beat it, but he 100 would ride better wheelies.

And motor work: well this one first had a water pump seal break. Then we had to rebuild the motor and a day later took it back apart and the top of the piston and head was all pitted. I don't know what happeded after that (It wasn't my bike..I think the dumbass that owned it was riding too hard before it was broken in)

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I'm 14, 5'5'' about 135...I was thinking bout gettin a kx 100 or rm 100, but instead i went for the big balls...I bought a 2003 CR125 and this thing rips...great bike, dont waste your time on a 100, ull be trading it in very shortly. Also, they loose their value so youll loose quite a bit of money if you buy it new. Go for the 125...Just my 2 cents

i rode a few kx 100's that i worked on for my friends kids. there fun for adults to play on around a camp fire but they do get old real fast, hop up options cost a little more then doing up a regular 125 too. my suggestion is to just get a 125, there fast, light and fly nice in the air. i sold my kx 250 and kept my 125, its like a schwin with a rocket motor in it :ph34r: