So Nos Is Ok On A Shee?

Mr Raxen

My son wants Nos. What is the better setup? Dry or wet? I never used it so I am looking for reading material.

I found a wet system on ebay for banshee 435 dollars than then there is the boondocker for about 800 to 900 dollars.

A wet kit is the way to go, the price is so much better than many dry kits out there and you can install it yourself in less than a day. There is no rebuilding to be done after a few times. Let me know what all types of reading materials that you are trying locate and I may be able to accomadate you.

The wet kit is my favored setup. I have used both with minimal problems.

Cold Fusion N2O kit on Ebay

If the above link is the kit on Ebay that you are referring to then it is a great kit made by Cold Fusion but you will need to purchase the correct fuel pump (I can provide a NOS part #) and you will need to visit a local hardware store for some wire, etc. I recommend you check the manufacturers website as a start, COLD FUSION. You will also need reed spacers, a drill, tap, and patience.

In terms of a actuation switch, I like to wire up the system to 4-stroke yamie quad handlebar switch with a "START" button (I might still have an extra laying around if you want it). It looks like a stock piece for a shee and the start button often is un-noticed by the untrained eye.

COLD FUSION FAQ's

Remeber when choosing a fuel pump that a typical industry standard for a wet nitrous system is to use a fuel pump designed to operate between 4.5 and 7 psi with a flow rate of 0.1 gallons per horsepower at 6 psi

Oilsmoke don't let him scare you, it is hard to set a wet nitrous kit up wrong. Your son will love it, one of the best presents that you could get him. You can PM me any questions about it, I'd be glad to help you.

In terms of nitrous on a mx track, you would have to check with your track rules and such. In terms of safety, you are perfectly safe to ride it with tjhe nitrous. The bottles have a great strength or resistance to say against rupture from rocks or small collisions with things.

Thx Raxen & superchicken.

I had local say that you could lose a few topends before you get it right. I will start at a low level and work it up with rich jetting ? I am sure a true & welded crank is a must. as with Forged pistons too. what about High octane fuel? Timing etc? He has high compression too. 170 apox.

It can be ran with lower compression than your friend and your timing is one critical area to the nitrous setup. As far as the welded crank, I recommend it but it is not necessary at small gains. Ditto on the pistons.

So what's the part # for the fuel Pump and where to buy?

and is 170 psi to much or should i get higher cc domes? I am 18cc at 4500 feet.

And one more AS far a jetting when running Nos that is setup right for the nos. So would it be richer than normal jetting. I hope that makes sence.

Good fuel pump

You can use automotive grade fuel pumps from AutoZone or where ever but you will need to tune it properly for the ideal flow rate and pressure. A potentiometer will work to control the pump loading if you go the other route.

Part number: 3-15760nos

Manufacturer:NOS by Holley

Distributors: Summit, Jeg's, MPS, Orient Express, Schnitz, ...

170 psi isn't too much. I will try to address the rest in awhile...Pizza Hut delivery car just pulled up with dinner.