Nitrous For Sale

Brindley tell me about your systems and what you are asking for them?

Just trying to keep the HQ members walets (and a few purses) safe.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see more dry these days...on two strokes or four strokes.  Especially in drag racing when I am out.  I race mostly motorcycles at the local tracks these days and have seen a few older two stroke superbikes with nitrous.  One a 500 cc Suzuki Gamma from back in the day and the other was a 700+ cc with no distinctive markings, he said it was a Suzuki also but didn't look like any I have seen.  The Gamma had a wet kit and was a missle.  I will see the owner in a few weeks and will ask him then for a copy of his dyno chart (w and w/o smoothing, Nitrous and No-Nitrous).  Remember I am not questioning the quality or output of the dry system that you sell but the value.  You have already addressed the quality and output issue  without much influence from me.

It is understood that there is no need to purge the system after running alcohol but what type of carb are you running to allow gas/alky with no adjustments?  That is what I was trying to hint around to earlier but my brain wondered.

Just keep in mind from our perspective, you've got a dry system with a modified manifold.  I am sure that most of us think that your markup is a little steep.  What is the real price?  The price you would give HQ members because you like them and see this forum as a great source of revenue via seeing a larger quantity at a reduced price. 

I am sure you will become a valueable asset to the HQ community and more people will like you after you cut a small break for people.  Speaking from past experience from my motorcycle experience. You would have to find a complete goon to let you install a dry system for 200.  A more reasonable fee is 120 around this area for wet, dry is considerably less.  That price is what I charged a guy a week before Christmas for an wet installation on a 4-stroke four cylinder motorcycle.

once again, I will let you know. A wet system on a 4 stroke is nothing....it's just like a car. Put one on a 2 stroke then tell me about it. Since your vast knowledge about this 2 stroke system is limited to 2 people (not even banshee's) I would kindly ask you to not bash anyones price, or system, and mind your own business. It is up to the bansheehq members if they wanna spend that much $$$ or not. I make these kits cheaper for everyone, not just HQ members. So if you don't like my price or my system say la ve'.

P.S. most of the import racers are running dry NOS systems......there are only a handful of actual wet systems out there still. Why? Because the dry system is still concidered a "natrually aspirated" system. End of story.

I don't see how a dry system has advantages over a wet system.You can jet a wet system right at the fogger,when a dry system needs to have the carbs removed to rejet.And your rejetting the whole system.A wet system is wayy more reliable than a dry and neither will be reliable if there jetted incorrectly.So your point about jetting and how its easier and more reliable is moot

It doesn't matter if its WET or DRY,a nitrous engine is still naturally aspirated,Meaning it "BREATHS"on its own.As opposed to FORCED induction which pressurizes or feeds the engine air.The ricers run dry system because extra fuel can be made up with higher fuel pressure,bigger injectors and different fuel mapping.Computer controlled vehicles can compensate for lean conditions,A carbuerator cannot.

I'm having a hard time following you Shorty.Especially the one about a dry system being naturally aspirated and a wet system not.I've been fooling with nitrous for 10 years and thats the first time I've heard that.

P.S. most of the import racers are running dry NOS systems......there are only a handful of actual wet systems out there still. Why? Because the dry system is still concidered a "natrually aspirated" system. End of story.

My friend is running a wet kit on his CRX, with the jets he's running it dials in right at 90-100 horses (shot of gas, not total HP) NEVER had a single problem, must have been sprayed well over 50 times...I heard the dry shots do give you a "little" more power but the wet shot is much safer and easier controlled. I don't know ANYONE around here that uses dry shots, only wet...I don't follow you either shorty, ALL NOS setups are naturally aspirated; why the hell would having a wet shot be considered otherwise?? Aside from all that, $1000 for a Nitrous kit is highway robbery, doesn't matter if it's for a car, quad, spaceship, scooter, whatever....We ARE entitled to our opinions.... :ph34r:

I don't see how a dry system has advantages over a wet system.You can jet a wet system right at the fogger,when a dry system needs to have the carbs removed to rejet.And your rejetting the whole system.A wet system is wayy more reliable than a dry and neither will be reliable if there jetted incorrectly.So your point about jetting and how its easier and more reliable is moot

It doesn't matter if its WET or DRY,a nitrous engine is still naturally aspirated,Meaning it "BREATHS"on its own.As opposed to FORCED induction which pressurizes or feeds the engine air.The ricers run dry system because extra fuel can be made up with higher fuel pressure,bigger injectors and different fuel mapping.Computer controlled vehicles can compensate for lean conditions,A carbuerator cannot.

I'm having a hard time following you Shorty.Especially the one about a dry system being naturally aspirated and a wet system not.I've been fooling with nitrous for 10 years and thats the first time I've heard that.

natually aspirated as in it's not being forced into the motor like a wet. Thats why Pro mods are either blown or nos injected....a dry system can be both blown and fogged and still be called a naturaly aspirated in the rule book. Just quoting the rules at some tracks thats all. The carbs do not have to be taken off to rejet with this system. It uses fuel pressure to richen also like a rice burner. It's ok, you guys can think what you want, i'll be runnin' this system at primm this year. you can see it there. OUT!!!

No don't think my "VAST" experience is only limited to bikes, I have put nitrous oxide on a number of quads, trucks, bikes, and cars. 2 and 4 strokes alike. I admit that I haven't been in the industry 120 years like you or that I have 24-7 lifetime tech support or give a free life insurance policies like you do but I know a little about nitrous.

Nightrider, you hit it right on. Why go lean instanteously when you can take the path that your engine will thank you for.

Imports aren't the only car out there if you have checked recently. The majority of drag events have nitrous only classes in which you will be hard pressed to find a dry system. Import nitrous - straight from the source of which setup gets the most from what juice setup

I will admit dry is nice to use on imports because you don't have to add a fuel pump but if you are going to race it you will never get far with a dry system.

My friend is running a wet kit on his CRX, with the jets he's running it dials in right at 90-100 horses (shot of gas, not total HP) NEVER had a single problem, must have been sprayed well over 50 times...I heard the dry shots do give you a "little" more power but the wet shot is much safer and easier controlled. I don't know ANYONE around here that uses dry shots, only wet...I don't follow you either shorty, ALL NOS setups are naturally aspirated; why the hell would having a wet shot be considered otherwise?? Aside from all that, $1000 for a Nitrous kit is highway robbery, doesn't matter if it's for a car, quad, spaceship, scooter, whatever....We ARE entitled to our opinions.... :ph34r:

I know 9 sec. civics running dry nos systems, maybe your friend should try a dry system, they were actually made for his application. If he tried a dry then he would make the switch for sure....But you CAN have your opinion thats fine. You guys can keep running the family vista cruizer thats fine......lol

No one in their right mind would switch to dry after running wet.

family vista cruizer...no, I drag my busa. 10's...no juice

No one in their right mind would switch to dry after running wet.

family vista cruizer...no, I drag my busa.  10's...no juice

10's???? GSXR's will do that......we use those in our mini buggies. Turn the boost up on that thing.....I thought those ran 9's from the factory?? No balls, no falls.

They do run 9's with the a good suspension setup. Mine is nice and stock. You need to calm yourself and post some pics of this setup. We aren't trying to give you too much trouble but some of the things you have been saying aren't coherent.

I will give it to you, it doesn't matter what nitrous setup you run on your banshee. They both meet or exceed the HP potential of the engine.

The worst part of this post was the shit spewing from you about a dry system on a four stroke killing the wet system. Have you really ran a wet system or are these things that your local import car club told you? Once you go wet, you will never go back.

Go ahead and post a link showing me a dry system that say has the horsepwer (dyno proven) potential of say an NOS Pro Fogger system for example.

natually aspirated as in it's not being forced into the motor like a wet.

So are you telling us that a dry shot just "trickles" into the engine? How do you suppose it gets in there?

ok, since I don't know who you are...I'll break it down for ya. I'm sure Raxen can inform you if I missed anything, he's good at that.

wet system, shoots NOS/and enrichment fuel at the same time into the manafold, or cases... (after the carbs) there are plate systems but not many people run those any more. Most people are running direct port injection. Poor people run plates now days.....

Dry system, fogs nos through before the carbs and mixes with the fuel being fed through the carbs... thus sucking the nitrous into the motor naturally..... "IE: Natrually aspirated" Get it??

Naturally aspirated is a term that the IHRA is using.... wet nos is forced into the motor so they don't allow it to be ran in the pro mod class with blown motors. A dry can be. Both are actually naturally aspirated but I am stateing what they would allow since you are quoting drag car racing. Soon Top fuel cars will be running a dry system (spraying before the blower hat), they have been trying this now. works well.

They do run 9's with the a good suspension setup.  Mine is nice and stock.  You need to calm yourself and post some pics of this setup.  We aren't trying to give you too much trouble but some of the things you have been saying aren't coherent. 

I will give it to you, it doesn't matter what nitrous setup you run on your banshee.  They both meet or exceed the HP potential of the engine. 

The worst part of this post was the shit spewing from you about a dry system on a four stroke killing the wet system.  Have you really ran a wet system or are these things that your local import car club told you?  Once you go wet, you will never go back.

Go ahead and post a link showing me a dry system that say has the horsepwer (dyno proven) potential of say an NOS Pro Fogger system for example.

this is fun and all but your not reading the full posts...I am talking a 2-stroke system for the 15th time!!! I never said a dry would beat a wet on a 4 stroke. I was talking about a 2 stroke since this web site is called "banshee HQ" NOT, 4-stroke Grizzy HQ....... Maybe they can open a forum just for you guys to talk your smack. Oh and another thing, the record holder for grass drags on a snowmobile has a dry nitrous system..... just a lil' FYI. I don't see too many dyno charts from that pro fogger system you talk about. Did you get those from shade tree mechanic????