165 main - 155 main / PWK

Started with a 165/50.

installed a 48 pilot, synched carbs, got the air screw to 1-1/2 turns, set the idle.

idled and started great but had a terrible bog, no nuts between gears and the powerband was hardly showing up…

lowered the needle one clip, helped a tiny bit but still hardly any powerband.

I decided to play around with the main. I was already running T5’s, the only mods I made over the winter was a cool head, 28mm PWK’s, billet intake with new reeds and a set of Uni pods. I figured I would check the stock mikuni carbs I replaced to see what they had for mains and see how far off I was.  
the Mikuni’s had 280 mains and she ran pretty damn strong before winter so I did the conversion.  280 = 1.40, thought a PWK 140 would be a little lean with the new mods, so I tried 155’s.

still has a slight bog/hesitation between gears but no where near as bad and the powerband is back !!!  

my question now is, Do I mess with the needle some more to try and remove the annoying midrange bog or is there something else I should look at ?

with the new 100 octane LL and 155 mains, the plugs looked way better.

im just paranoid of a lean condition and smoking the top end.