Trinity Cv Single Carb System

03shee2003

I've looked VERY closely at the Trinity 2:1 intake and I've found it to be restrictive. This may be one of the reasons why the 33MM is suggested for unimproved engines. They just can't force enough air thru the intake. Personally, I think the Graydon should flow slightly better but only very slightly. I have been working on a design for a 2:1 intake that should flow better than the Trinity but I've got no-one with machining capabilities to develop a prototype.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holyman, i can't very well ask you to hand over your design but i know someone who has the skills and more than enough equipment to build one. if i can find the material i think he could build a couple. ofcourse yours would be free. if your at all at interested i can see about asking him to do this.

A bit off of the original question but here goes. I have the Graydon Proline 2 into 1 setup (a good friend of mine makes them for graydon, so I got it through him) with a kehin 35mm air stryker. The inside of the manifold has been "spiral flutted" for increased fuel atomization, and we added a special set of reed spacers port matched to the manifold to better direct the increased flow to the reeds (this was all done on a flow bench to track CFM) My engine is a 370 long rod (IMS hot rods, wiseco superlites, proto-type needle bearings on the trued and welded crank), hinson basket, pressure plate, 8 pack clutch set up, dune port for the cylinders, head cut 90 thousandths and re-chambered, pwr radiator, warp drive temp guage (bike runs at 180-190 deg F) with Matt Sheer pipes / silencers specifically made for the engines spec's, 14" long by 4" OD K&N air filter (same one Dennis Packard uses) I run VP 110 fuel mixed at 40:1 with ipone fully synthetic oil. The bike runs extremly strong from top to bottom, made 64 HP, and 52 LB / FT of torque on the dyno 2 weeks ago, jetting is a snap, tuning is super easy. The engine was built by Kevin Kohrell at Custom Creations ATV in Yucaipa, CA. So after my long winded story, the answer is go with the 2 into 1 system of your choice, jet it correctly and you will never think about going back to twins unless you build a full drag bike.

Dunedemon.

Holyman, i can't very well ask you to hand over your design but i know someone who has the skills and more than enough equipment to build one.  if i can find the material i think he could build a couple.  ofcourse yours would be free.  if your at all at interested i can see about asking him to do this.

Send me an email. The only other problem is me giving my diagrams away. I wonder if dunedemon has the ability to flow test the proto type?

IHRbearings@peoplepc.com

I have access to CNC Mills and Lathes. My uncle owns a shop and i was his machinist for 6 years. I have my own keys and he lets me go in and do whatever i need to do (as long as i don't break down one of his setups that he has running for one of his jobs :o )

I would guess this would be some type of mill work. Let me know if i can help.

well gumby sorta volunteered me on this little project ................

the local junior college has a very nice cnc machining lab with at least 2 machining centers

good part is that time on these machines for us students both past and present is absolutely free the bad news is that i havent written any cnc programs that complicated so i would def need some help possibly form one of the part time instructors if i could get them to lend me a hand on this one

i evan heard that the local high school that i went to was supposed to be getting a donated cnc machine soon so i can ask about that too .........those guys will let me do almost anything after school there

and as for dlow testing i know a guy in decatur il who ports and flows cylinder heads

he is a big name in doing cylinder heads for big block buiks and 4 cylinder fords which is how i met him

and i do have a trinity cv system on my shee .........it was on when i bought it so i dont evan know what it looks like inside i only have some idea