Swingarms & Paddles

doltz

O.K I dont want to beat this up to bad but I am in the process of getting a +4 swingarm from Quicksand right now. Last year I was experiencing some initial hook problems off the line(I am blaming the junk Sand Geckos).I am buying a new set of paddles & rims for the spring can someone reccomend a good size along with gearing. Also you can view my mods below. I also run on the ice in the winter with ice picks.

P.S Will I struggle more off the line with the +4

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on your mods, a +4 will work good with 14/41 gearing and 22/11/8 9 or 10 paddle BTB haulers on Dougals blue label wheels. If you dont mind a little extra weight go with extreme paddles....they will last a whole lot longer The longer you make the swing arm the less rear traction you will have....so when you say struggle off the line....what length swing arm are you running now ???

Hell I'm running a -2 burgard 250R style rear arm, 13/41 gearing, and King's Turbo Paddles(similar to haulers but wider & a bit better built)...and I have no problems at all. Still manage to hand people their arses that have extended arms. Hookup is awesome & getting the holeshot's not a problem. Now if I were building a drag shee, I'd look into shortening the swingarm & adding a wheelie bar before extending the arm out. I was weiry about a -2 arm on my shee since I mostly ride dunes, but I'll never have anything else on my banshee now that I've tried it. Just MHO... ;)

I just put a +4 on my banshee and It was only piped and needed every inch of the extension..lol...she is receiving a pair of 12 port cylinders soon.. I duneride/drag race and always had problems keeping the front end down especially going up steep hill climbs. After I got the +4 by banshee did everything better...