Benefits of different A Arm options...

Metal_man_Rob

Use some blocks and hold off on installing the shocks and youl save a lot of time with alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use blocks for desired ride height? Front and rear? Set alignment, then mount shocks.
Don’t really know what I’m doing, printed off the write up you made. Plan to follow it. The fireball arms have adjustable upper arms at the frame. Makes for more fun.

Use blocks for desired ride height? Front and rear? Set alignment, then mount shocks.
Don’t really know what I’m doing, printed off the write up you made. Plan to follow it. The fireball arms have adjustable upper arms at the frame. Makes for more fun.

I know a lot more now than I knew then and I can probably help more on a case by case basis than that write up. Plus I’ll probably add to it in the future.

I prefer to block everything to get to ride height and then set measurements, then bolt the shocks on and set them to ride height. Makes it much easier and faster.

I just checked the scrub radius again and it really does seem the KPI is dead center. It totally makes sense, the different points of adjustment. I haven’t trigged everything out yet but with your write up and this thread, I am pretty confident I can make a decent project out of it.

A lot of people seem to give up and convert their entire quad back to OEM or retrofit front ends from other quads. I’d rather set it up with what I have for a couple of reasons. Main reason: I already spent the money. But I’d like to know I can do it.

I’m a tool and die maker so the math makes sense to me as well as picturing the results of certain adjustments.

I appreciate all your help and time!

Lol a lot of people either bolt it on and call it golden or they get lost in it and spend money unnecessarily.

Also, no problem at all on the help and time. A lot of my effort in helping out goes back into trying to sift through gaps in what I know and understand.

4-5 years ago, I sat down and thought that I was a few ideas away from being out of things to learn about suspension. Now I’m one step away from a meltdown because of all the things I’m trying to figure out with it lol.

Tool and die maker? I may have a few jobs for you at some point if you’re interested.

Lol a lot of people either bolt it on and call it golden or they get lost in it and spend money unnecessarily.

Also, no problem at all on the help and time. A lot of my effort in helping out goes back into trying to sift through gaps in what I know and understand.

4-5 years ago, I sat down and thought that I was a few ideas away from being out of things to learn about suspension. Now I’m one step away from a meltdown because of all the things I’m trying to figure out with it lol.

Tool and die maker? I may have a few jobs for you at some point if you’re interested.

Always interested. I always have access to the shop when I am off the clock. Just depends on how involved it gets. I make tons of parts, build fixtures, jigs, gauges and progressive stamping dies. Piece work is always pretty easy.

Always interested. I always have access to the shop when I am off the clock. Just depends on how involved it gets. I make tons of parts, build fixtures, jigs, gauges and progressive stamping dies. Piece work is always pretty easy.

Shit yeah, I’ll send a PM.

• Like 1

I know a lot more now than I knew then and I can probably help more on a case by case basis than that write up. Plus I’ll probably add to it in the future.

I prefer to block everything to get to ride height and then set measurements, then bolt the shocks on and set them to ride height. Makes it much easier and faster.

Pm sent