Wheelie

banshee0044

about a year ago i was riding my 2000 trinity banshee down a highway to hit some trails...i hit it and cracked a wheelie and came through all the gears..in 6th i was probably doing about 75-80 but thought iwas in 5th so i was aparently looking for 7th haha flipped back and the bike went a good 60 yards...the t shirt i was wearing was gone and i had roadrash from head to toe. i was weraing a helmet. the bike is trashed and im restoring it...ride hard or go home!

I've popped a wheelie while going down a road before and had a pretty awesome/scarey experience. Poor stock grab bar didn't know what hit it. I layed her back in 3rd, and went to hit the brake... only when i did... my right side was off in the grass.... so it slid... and the left side gripped instantly. Spun the shee around and the grab bar caught on the edge of the ashault and layed it over upside down on me. Helmet took most of the beating since my throttle assembly came down on the side of it. Wasn't hurt much since i landed in the ditch, and it was easy to flip off of me... but I had a new respect for the terrain I ride on now, and a much higher respect for helmets and what they can save you in the long run.