Banshee won't start

Johnson87

Just now, the boris said:

Never even thought about fuel tank vent,good catch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yeah its overlooed alot and sometimes if you have the factory vent hose one of the wires from the harness can cover it and its usually the last thing to think of, but Jets would definetly be a good one to look at.

• Like 1

Yeah its overlooed alot and sometimes if you have the factory vent hose one of the wires from the harness can cover it and its usually the last thing to think of, but Jets would definetly be a good one to look at.
Sometimes one of those "basic" things can drive you mad because it's so simple that it never even comes to your mind .

6 minutes ago, Johnson87 said:

Yea I'm at the point of smashing my head off my bench

Ok so What exactly in list form have you checked? Have you tried new plugs I know its obvious but sometimes its not.

Edited by rkooienga

Yea I'm at the point of smashing my head off my bench
If you get pissed off by it,take the break and come later with clear mind.
I had a problem with choke O ring which caused left side to be considerably richer than right , which drove me crazy, I took carburettors apart,cleaned them,checked all the Jets and needles and put them back together around 5-6 rimes, spent 3 weekends doing it, to the point where I did not know what the fuck was I doing any more. Came here and went through shitloads of old threads , was even considering to buy new set of carburettors,"lucky" didn't have the money.

Weird... Seems to me like it HAS to be an air leak because you said it revs out when you start it.. Or did you mean that you are ABLE to rev it out before it runs out of gas ?

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Just now, Pinkylee said:

Weird... Seems to me like it HAS to be an air leak because you said it revs out when you start it.. Or did you mean that you are ABLE to rev it out before it runs out of gas ?

I think that's what he meant, he said he can rev it out if he pours fuel into the cylinder. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinkylee said:

He also said when he pours fuel in cylinder that it revs out terrible. That sounds to me like one or both of the pilot jets are plugged or an issue with the chock plunger.

2 minutes ago, Johnson87 said:

When I dump fuel in cylinder heads and it fires it instantly revs out with me not touching anything

That im not sure about that sounds like an air leak. Have you done a leak down test? I would say look through your air filter and make sure your slides arent stuck open but im sure you already made sure of that.

Yeah..by the sounds of THAT.. I would also start with pilot jets first. After making sure gas run out of the drain screws on the bowls . which might have already been done.. Sorry.. Didn't read ALL the replies yet.