jetting for tommey t5's and pods

300 ft  sometimes go to 3000 ft

toomey t5's 

no airbox just uni pods 

current jetting is; 25 pilot, 280 main, and the red vitos needle. air screw is 1.5 turns from seated 

I was told to run 290-300 main, well i tried those and the power band kinda laggs to kick in, but when it does im  power wheeling. Im at 280 main and its the same . My problem is its not smooth its either not really any  power or all band. I dont really want to go leaner then 280 if i dont have to, Ive tried all the needle positions. I do have a set of stock needles and was wondering if i should give those a try, they're a couple milimeters shortor and the taper isnt as smooth. Thanks for your help in advance. 

• Like 1

Never had it running good I got it from somone running 2 34mm flatslides,  then I out the one carbs in it there clean, brand new filters, and pistons are kicking out 110   I just don’t know why it wants less fuel , I started with 340 then went lower and lower and it got better but now I’m just skeptical 

On 10/2/2019 at 8:59 PM, sheerider11 said:

27.5 for sure. Toomey needles. Mid clip. 290.
There is no 300-3000' cover all jetting. Your going to have to adjust.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I poped in 27.5 a 290 main and put the needle in middle clip and there’s a huge hesitation before the power band and barely any low end 

the boots are brand new 

filters clean 

but I did forget to mention that the carbs had a like a vitos power jet that somone put on there, but I sealed them off 

I poped in 27.5 a 290 main and put the needle in middle clip and there’s a huge hesitation before the power band and barely any low end 
the boots are brand new 
filters clean 
but I did forget to mention that the carbs had a like a vitos power jet that somone put on there, but I sealed them off 
Raise the needle. So move the clip down.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ride.race.live said:

i also replied the same thing sheerider said in your other thread.... yes it will make it richer...   99% of the guys here will always tell you to go richer.. as to not risk a big lean out and cause damage... 

always go richer.. if the issue worsens then you know its too rich....

Yeah I’ve been going down. I started at 330, came all the way down to 290 I even tried 280 for a second but didn’t want to risk it so I just came to ask but I just can’t seem to clean it out the transition to the band It isn’t smooth and I can’t seem to find how to get more low end, maybe it’s something else.