Compression and electrical problem solving

1 hour ago, lowkhalbalr said:

I replaced the voltage regulator. However, as far as I know, the voltage regulator will only have an effect on the headlight circuit.

I think your right. I’m just wondering if it was possible that it was dumping extra current somewhere else causing the issue

this is a tough problem

unplug your kill switch connector (6 pin behind rad), CDI connector, and stator connector and clean them out and press on the pins to make sure they are in place. I had a pinfit issue at the kill switch connector that would cause an intermittent bog and then a no start with a weak blue spark. tightened the female pins and a little electric grease fixed the issue until i bypassed it all together.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dano3 said:

unplug your kill switch connector (6 pin behind rad), CDI connector, and stator connector and clean them out and press on the pins to make sure they are in place. I had a pinfit issue at the kill switch connector that would cause an intermittent bog and then a no start with a weak blue spark. tightened the female pins and a little electric grease fixed the issue until i bypassed it all together.  

Ill check that again and post my results.

3 hours ago, gusto said:

Figure this out?

yeah, today actually. 

Turns out the crankcase was full of fuel and therefore (im guessing) was causing an excessively rich scenario. 

Solution: 

I pulled both plugs, tied the bike behind my friends truck and slowly (<3mph) pulled myself about 250~ meters in first gear. 

It hurts my soul to do sh*t like that; but I discovered that the engine would belch out fuel every time i would kick it over without plugs. However, I couldnt kick it fast enough to make any real progress.

I got the bike running and idling well enough (still hard starting). Im thinking there is still a fuel build up somewhere...probably in the resonators. Im experiencing a whisp; like a half assed backfire? Im going to let it idle up to operating temp with a fan on it to try and dry things out inside. 

Ill post what I did and my results later in the week....

On a side note, I really appreciate the community here taking the time to offer up solutions. expecially to a newbie banshee owner!

• Like 1

My scenario was a bad CDI that would work intermittently. No spark then great spark etc....  If you have a buddy whos got one that you know is good slap it on and see if it improves.  There is a Detroit company selling a electronic ignition setup that we are messing with (not a PVL)...stay tuned (only for drag currently)