Backed after many years time to finish my old lady bike

87 j frame looking to upgrade her to an 421 looking for tips on which direction to go as in pipes carbs serval cheetah etc put me back in the games guys 4mill base also. thanks

How's snipers work on drivelines? They the best on servals it seems. Cpi s which I want again are hard to come by, and more difficult cause he's retiring soon I hear.
Damn. I need stingers and silencers for mine.
I tried to look at there website but it seems to be gone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Snipers don't work well on DL cylinders, at least from the dynos ive seen .  Snipers work well on Redline serval motors but the ones ive seen have that weird dip. CPI have a real nice curve.  Basically, I think it comes down to the guy porting the motor not the pipe. I would like to see dyno from another builder comparing pipes.

If it where me doing the build, I would set up the motor for low/mid range power.  I don't know how experienced your wife is on a quad, but there is nothing like putting an inexperienced rider on a toggle switch motor.  What I did for my wifes bike (That I just blew up lol) was a mild port in stock cylinders, cool head, V3 reeds, T5s and a lockout with a MSR, so I could keep the stock springs/easy clutch pull, and be able to hold 60hp.   I wanted to make it so she could enjoy longer rides, and not be fatigued. 

I think the next build for my wife will probably a 4mm serval, with paul turners on it.

Hot rod 4 mil fast 421 dune play port noss head vforce 4 pwk carbs no box stock oem clutch stiff springs modded shift shaft and drum bearings installed toomey pipes it rips for trails. It's about as far as I can go on a j arm. I'm too big for it geometry not right needs taller bars be nice if longer in front too.

10 hours ago, SKEETER said:

Why would you need a lockout for 60hp?  Stock springs w/o lockout will handle that easily, and shift alot smoother......

I burnt up two clutchs in it, then put a lockup on it.  Never had a problem since.  She never noticed it shifting different.  Soon as Cam finishes another project for me, its going down there.

how good a rider is she and how experienced? a 392  driveline (stock stroke) with stock carbs and some fmf pipes and stealth head with domes  would make good power also and be very use able, and if that isnt enough for her down the road there are many variables that you could change with that basic setup, such as pipes, domes, timing, carbs and reeds 

Edited by Ayesully810