Port or new cylinders

So all my friends have banshees and we have a tradition of racing every year. Rules currently are stock stroke bikes, that’s it!

my mods are:

-Trail port

-cool head

-timing plate +4

- boysen reeds

-.060 wiseco pistons

-FMF gnarley pipes

-stock carbs

Dilemma: I plan on stepping up to a better pipe this year because my FMF pipes get walked on HARD up top from my boys t5. Adding shearers. Real world experience should I have My cylinders re-ported like a aggressive dune port/rebuild at the same time? Or should I bite The bullet and buy a big bore kit? The driveline kit is around 850 and a rebuild/port job would be at least 700 I’d say so what’s my best route?

22 minutes ago, DetroitDuner said:

So all my friends have banshees and we have a tradition of racing every year. Rules currently are stock stroke bikes, that’s it!

my mods are:

-Trail port

-cool head

-timing plate +4

- boysen reeds

-.060 wiseco pistons

-FMF gnarley pipes

-stock carbs

-k&n pods

-hotrods crank welded

Dilemma: I plan on stepping up to a better pipe this year because my FMF pipes get walked on HARD up top from my boys t5. Adding shearers. Real world experience should I have My cylinders re-ported like a aggressive dune port/rebuild at the same time? Or should I bite The bullet and buy a big bore kit? The driveline kit is around 850 and a rebuild/port job would be at least 700 I’d say so what’s my best route?

Also have welded crank and k&n pods

You could just step up to bigger carbs and run the sheare's, that would be enough I'd say. On your current set up. Your bud once you'll beat him, will go with more hp after he gets beat, then you'll want more after he builds a better set up. 

14 hours ago, DetroitDuner said:

Dilemma: I plan on stepping up to a better pipe this year because my FMF pipes get walked on HARD up top from my boys t5. 

If you and your boys have the same mods but they have T5 and you are getting walked HARD, your boys are better at drag racing. FMF fatties to T5 make similar power and curves that their banshee is not going to be pulling away hard, should be close.

1 hour ago, ZillaFreak said:

If you and your boys have the same mods but they have T5 and you are getting walked HARD, your boys are better at drag racing. FMF fatties to T5 make similar power and curves that their banshee is not going to be pulling away hard, should be close.

It’s not that crazy, one of us has CPI and he pulls the hardest...