Brake/Hub issues Raptor calipers

gusto

I’m about ready to burn this heap.

I’ve got prm hubs and you hand tighten them and their pretty much tick to the spindle. Once I install the 07-08 Raptor calipers the discs run on the pads so tight you have to force the hub to turn. If I bleed off or take a screw driver to move the pads all the way in (compressed) it’s better until I again squeez the brakes. Also if you look at the hub and disc you can see the disc is close to the bib adjustable pad, you would think moving the hub inward would create more space for the disc to spin BUT the hub is too tight and won’t spin.

I’ve discovered tonight that the 07 Raptor master cylinder is loosing pressure also. Could this be part of the problem?

Is the calipers the problem?

Is the hub the problem?

Will new pads and master cylinder rebuild kit fix all this?20646eba4f20e562c6f92be41561e13d.jpgd8c980009259bf71b9946da956eb872c.jpg9dd132859f270c7e0f235701a3d4f193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m about ready to burn this heap.
I’ve got prm hubs and you hand tighten them and their pretty much tick to the spindle. Once I install the 07-08 Raptor calipers the discs run on the pads so tight you have to force the hub to turn. If I bleed off or take a screw driver to move the pads all the way in (compressed) it’s better until I again squeez the brakes. Also if you look at the hub and disc you can see the disc is close to the bib adjustable pad, you would think moving the hub inward would create more space for the disc to spin BUT the hub is too tight and won’t spin.
I’ve discovered tonight that the 07 Raptor master cylinder is loosing pressure also. Could this be part of the problem?
Is the calipers the problem?
Is the hub the problem?
Will new pads and master cylinder rebuild kit fix all this?20646eba4f20e562c6f92be41561e13d.jpgd8c980009259bf71b9946da956eb872c.jpg9dd132859f270c7e0f235701a3d4f193.jpg

Hey Gusto.
I had the similar issue when installing 07-08 450r calipers. My issue was I bought Rock aftermarket brake pads. The friction material is thicker then the oem. Replaced the pads to oem and issuse was much improved. May be not your issue as you have different spindles

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

It looks like the hub needs to go into the spindle another 3 mm or so just to make that disc roll smoothly. I’m going to pull one off tonight and reinstall and if that don’t work I will see if the stock hubs make a difference