1997 banshee issues running

hey everyone im trying to help out a friend that brought me his 97 banshee to get it running, so he says he was riding and out if no where the bike started sputtering and didnt want to run right

motor has 65.50 pistons

stock carbs

300 main jets

27.5 pilots

T5 pipes

open airbox lid with an alba single filter

so bike starts 1st kick idles perfect, issue is when you ride it it sputters and wont get into the power band i noticed normal smoke from right side stinger left side not so much and when reved doesnt feel like anything is coming out the left

i swapped spark plug wires to see if it changed nothing iam getting spark on both

i checked carb float heights and made sure it was getting fuel and it is

i rewired some of the harness thinking it has a short due to the led lights he wired in, there was a blue wire from cdi that looked burnt so i rewired that.

i did a compression check left side is shy of 120psi

right side is at 120psi

i also swapped right carb to left side to see if i got a change fired right up idled good as long as i held the choke tube with my finger but again nothing changed with left cylinder

ive been on it for 2 days now and at my wits end any advise would help big time, in which way i should look next thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s your compression in that cylinder?
is it possible to borrow a CDI from someone to test against yours?
habe you ohm’d out your electrical?

117psi left 120 right... before he brought me the bike he swaped the coil and cdi and no change

think it could have sonething to do with the stator?

watched a couple of south texas banshee vids, im going to try and trim and reinstall the coil wires, also move the needle jet up 1 more notch i have it on the 3rd from bottom maybe its running to fat causing it to misfire on the left side then im going to ohm the stator