Cool head dome 4 mil

B-shop164

I have buy some 21 domes suposed to be cut and machined for +4 stroker crank and 19 cc but it test the squish and he have .078 ... and 160 psi i think he have probleme with the squish? I have .020 base gasket . Its the second set of dome we cut for me and the last have de same .

2 minutes ago, B-shop164 said:

I have buy some 21 domes suposed to be cut and machined for +4 stroker crank and 19 cc but it test the squish and he have .078 ... and 160 psi i think he have probleme with the squish? I have .020 base gasket . Its the second set of dome we cut for me and the last have de same .

Who did you order the domes from? You sure on the base gasket thickness? Squish should be 0.04-0.05, either the domes are wrong or the base gasket too thick but I'd be surprised that someone would cut the domes for less than a 0.02 base gasket without special ordering them that way.

24 minutes ago, 97Screamer said:

Who did you order the domes from? You sure on the base gasket thickness? Squish should be 0.04-0.05, either the domes are wrong or the base gasket too thick but I'd be surprised that someone would cut the domes for less than a 0.02 base gasket without special ordering them that way.

Yeah im 100% sure i have cometic .020 base gasket.  And its a oem cilinder ... its to much cut i think lol .078 🤦🏽‍♂️

23 minutes ago, dano3 said:

how are you testing the squish and what thickness solder are you using? is this just a stock cylinder 4 mil setup?

First im testing with .062 solder but he dont touch , after im taking 3mm solder and the squish are done at .078.      And its BPRACINGatv.com.. 

3 hours ago, B-shop164 said:

First im testing with .062 solder but he dont touch , after im taking 3mm solder and the squish are done at .078.      And its BPRACINGatv.com.. 

did you remove the head and lay the solder across the entire piston inline with the piston pin? or did you bend it and insert it through the spark plug hole? if done through the plug hole did you only test one side of the piston at a time and inline with the pin? post a picture of how you did it if needed.