What kind of ignition is this?

1 hour ago, garrettd991 said:

Has anyone seen this kind of ignition setup. It has no cdi the two wires that come out of it. we’re directly connected to the coil. The previous owner said it ran like this when it did run but i don’t see how.  I bought the bike not running with a broken piston so this was an added surprise. 

2A64C774-507D-4B1D-B880-B6BE19F5E464.jpeg

Looks like a motofast? 

2 hours ago, JUSTWANNARACE said:

Not a pvl.. it would have 2 pickups and 2 coils. The flywheel looks similar to a pvl.

Does it run?  Maybe its a PVL off a single cylinder engine of some sort that someone tried to jerry-rig into a banshee.  Or maybe they had a coil failure and removed the bad one and forgot about it?  

Both cylinders fire spark at the same time, maybe they are running both off the one pickup coil.

15 minutes ago, BigRed350x said:

Does it run?  Maybe its a PVL off a single cylinder engine of some sort that someone tried to jerry-rig into a banshee.  Or maybe they had a coil failure and removed the bad one and forgot about it?  

Both cylinders fire spark at the same time, maybe they are running both off the one pickup coil.

There is nothing with that ignition that resembles a PVL except to the flywheel and it's not the same either. The pick up is nothing even close to a PVL 

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s an update if anyone is still listining. Hooked it all up that same way it came and the darn thing started. I had now kill switch so I unplugged the wires going into the coil and let me just say it puts out some juice felt the shock all the way up my arm. Anyways thanks for the help from everyone hopefully I’ll be riding this thing in the dunes soon. 

32 minutes ago, garrettd991 said:

Here’s an update if anyone is still listining. Hooked it all up that same way it came and the darn thing started. I had now kill switch so I unplugged the wires going into the coil and let me just say it puts out some juice felt the shock all the way up my arm. Anyways thanks for the help from everyone hopefully I’ll be riding this thing in the dunes soon. 

LOL nice