good ride height starting point?

coops03shee

I've done multiple searches using different terminology and haven't had much luck with this question, and the posts that it did return were over 10 years old lol.  What I'm looking for is a good starting point for ride height for my banshee.  My main type of riding is trails and some limited mx play.  I've seen numbers as low as 7 1/2 inches frame to ground and up to 10 1/2 inches frame to ground measured at the pegs.  One thing I have seen mentioned a few times is make sure the frame sits flat front to back under the motor.

I'm open to your thoughts and opinions on the subject.

Thanks,

Tony

50 minutes ago, coops03shee said:

I've done multiple searches using different terminology and haven't had much luck with this question, and the posts that it did return were over 10 years old lol.  What I'm looking for is a good starting point for ride height for my banshee.  My main type of riding is trails and some limited mx play.  I've seen numbers as low as 7 1/2 inches frame to ground and up to 10 1/2 inches frame to ground measured at the pegs.  One thing I have seen mentioned a few times is make sure the frame sits flat front to back under the motor.

I'm open to your thoughts and opinions on the subject.

Thanks,

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCn9t7nUUYY

Voila.

Claude,

Thanks for the reply.  I saw that video, kinda follows along with the set-up sheet that came with my Fox shocks.  I set the chassis on some stands at 7 1/2" at the rear pegs and 7 3/4" at the front engine mount area and holy crap, it looks like a lowrider lol.  I have my KFX set-up spot on with those measurements front and back and it works nicely.  The Banshee is a whole different animal and I'm not really sure if it would follow some of the standards that the newer 4 strokes atvs would follow.

I'm not gonna be launching this thing over major jumps or anything.  I will hit smaller jumps and some aggressive trail riding.  I guess with the banshee it just looks like a good bit of wheel travel is being taken up when the chassis is set around the 7" range from bottom of frame to ground.  

I'm looking to set up the front end geometry and getting the ride height is my first step so I wanted to make sure I'm headed in the right direction.

Thanks again for the reply Claude,

Tony

Yeepo,

I ended up going with 8" at the front motor mount and 7 3/4- 7 7/8" at the rear foot peg.  At full extension I'm 13" to 13 1/4" from frame to ground. 

Claude,

Thanks for the heads up with DDQ and Tfaith, didn't even think about asking them........good call!

Tony