Got my motor back

Hey everyone I recently sent my motor out to Kevin at hjr racing. Kevin was a stand up guy fast turn around and answered all my questions I had about the process. I had him dune port my cylinders, new top end, true and welded crank reeds, new clutch, shift star, and few other things. Took it for a ride the other day thing rips good.

Bike is stock stroke running stock carbs and pods along with t5s. 

Kevin said it would be a good runner which it seems I'm curious to what else I could do to get a little more out of my port job. Cpi pipes? Timing plate? Would bigger carbs help? Also considering a cool head with domes to run half and half fuel. 

Edited by yamahaman244

4 hours ago, Burt Reynolds said:

The best pipes would be those that are matched to your port timing.  I would ask the builder which pipes he suggests for your port job.   Putting on the wrong pipes will actually cost you power in some of the rpm range.

I have experienced this before. 

timing plate, domes and pipes and you will notice a big difference. You could run race fuel with more compression and timing since your crank is welded now 

• 2 weeks later...

That’s my biggest question if the cpis are worth the money. I feel like the port job would really show with a better top end pulling pipe like the cpis. Just dont wanna dish out 400-500 bucks on a good set if I won’t see much difference.Sense the dune port is mostly topend port

Edited by yamahaman244

imo since you just said you dont have a timing plate or cool head I would do those mods first and see how you like the difference.  Raise the compression and add some timing you will feel it, then decide on the pipes.  That kinda shoulda been done any ways haha

Edited by Ayesully810

3 minutes ago, yamahaman244 said:

Ya I wish I would have, just didn’t have the extra cash at the time, damn lay off season. How hard are those timing plates to put on and get going? As far as the coolhead what size domes?

ask kevin about domes since he did your stuff. he can just cut you a set probably 23 or 22 ccs

timing plate is easy. take fly wheel off, removed old timing plate, mount stator on new plate. put back on, put fly wheel back on. done

Edited by Ayesully810