Cool head getting hot

I have a 2004 banshee with a pro design cool head. But after a hour of riding my cool head is. Hot. Not as hot as the pipes but it’s. Hot to where I can’t hold my hand on it verry long. Is that normal. ? 

I have a temp gauge hooked up to the hose that come off the head and it hasn’t read above 150. 

Is this normal 

I have 18cc domes in from what the guy I got it from said  

well everything motor wise is going to get hot.... and if your temp sensor isnt reading that high i'd say your ok....  unless your temp sensor is out of whack.. but if it was too hot you would be spewing coolant. 

Nothing on your motor should be "warm to touch" other then your stator cover and clutch cover which MAY get a warm at best....

why is this being a concern for you?   is it not running good

Coolant temps wll depend on motor build....  on my old stock stroke ported motor I was hovering 150-160  (with various cooling mods)

My 10 mil cub hovers around 160-180

Edited by ride.race.live

2 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

well everything motor wise is going to get hot.... and if your temp sensor isnt reading that high i'd say your ok....  unless your temp sensor is out of whack.. but if it was too hot you would be spewing coolant. 

Nothing on your motor should be "warm to touch" other then your stator cover and clutch cover which MAY get a warm at best....

why is this being a concern for you?   is it not running good

Coolant temps wll depend on motor build....  on my old stock stroke ported motor I was hovering 150-160  (with various cooling mods)

My 10 mil cub hovers around 160-180

Its running great. But. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a problem.   I’m just not the greatest at figuring stuff out with banshees. But. I’m in the process of building my first one so I can learn more about them !! Thanks for the help

Get a clymers manual   it will help you loads on your 1st couple times building it.

Also if you do some searching on here. there's a good few build threads with step by step instructions.

If you do ask additional questions.. to help others help you... make sure you tell people what mods and specs are of the bike...  

Also if you do plan on building it yourself... #1 thing you need to look into getting is a leak down tester (or make yourself one)