Yamaha Banshee MOT in the United Kingdom

arag0105

12 hours ago, 711jrp said:

This is pretty much what we have to do to get them legal over here, except for the fenders which we don't need to run also in the UK the last paragraph is not the same for us as we are classed as a car because we pay car tax so therefor can use any road. When I did mine you had to put them through a SVA test to get a log book not just an MOT, not sure if that is the case now.

Don't worry about getting any hassle from the law, you won't unless you act like a dick 

Well funny enough I did a bit of research yesterday and supposedly you can have a 'Daytime MOT' and not worry about half the stuff above. A 'Daytime MOT' is basically a standard MOT except if the bike doesn't need to have lights, indicators and mirrors.

The garage told me as long as it has a manual parking brake, horn and road legal tyres that would be enough to get it through.

an SVA is for agricultural use and requires quite a few modifications to get it through. I believe once you have an SVA you don't need to tax or MOT the quad?

Correct me if I am wrong!

I'm not 100% of the rules now but when i did mine five or six years ago you needed the sva certificate to get a v5 (logbook), you could register it as agricultural without a sva cert and then re-register it as plg but they have got wise too that loophole and you can't do it that way. You will also need a letter from the manufacture or the supplying dealer (when new)   conferming the date of manufacture otherwise it will end up on a Q plate. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...