top end help

L TRAIN

first time here so please be gentle . i need a new top end . current set up is bored 3 over ,no porting . found a prodesign  cool head kit complete with new jugs. issue is the new jugs are standard bore. if i go with the smaller bore is it going to be very noticeable power wise or will the cool head set up make up the difference .

What’s your budget? And riding style. Maybe we can get you pointed in the right direction, but definitely measure your bore on your current cylinders that way you will know if you need a new bore and pistons or new cylinders all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i ride mainly sand dunes . budget is tight . under a grand . yes i need  to measure the cylinders. i am pretty sure i have room to bore them . it is low on compression it did not melt down . i was happy with its current power . trying  to decide if i am giving my money to the machine shop or spending on parts

17 minutes ago, L TRAIN said:

sounds good already have reeds , timing plate , lighter flywheel and , pipes  .  i don't think i want to put the assassins on a stock crank . i will find something to spend the rest of the cash on i am sure

stock crank will be fine as long as its welded

If yours are ported and have life left in them just keep them and have them bore. If you buy new cyls they most likely won't be ported so that's where you will loose a ton of power. And it would cost $300-$500 to have the new ones ported. Just make sure you take them to a reputable machine shop that has bored atv cyls. Figure out what size pistons are in it currently and get the next size. If the machine shop tells you they can bore your cyls WITHOUT the pistons turn around and RUN. jmo

• Like 1