Shuts off ?

33 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

Both plugs fire at the same time. Only the side you take the cap off of the plug should shut off.  Why do you ask?  Are you trying to diagnose a spark issue?

I'm having that issue on one side not starting till I hit the throttle then it would startup then on idle it back cold

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

trim some wire off of your spark plug wires about 1/4 inch then plug boots back on, try again. also make sure your pick up coil gap is set correctly.  I set mine at .018

I try two different coils.. but haven't check the pickup gap

Edited by Bikelife305

Agree with above.  Carb sync sounds most likely.  You can simply swap your plug wires side to side.  If problems follow the wire, you have a wire problem.  If not, you have other issues.  Remove the airbox or filters so you can see the slides.  Sometimes you can peek through the box.  You will likely see one slide much higher than the other.  

Reeds are certainly possible but the carb check might be an easier check first.  

In many cases over the years, we see people messing with something on the bike and get the adjuster on top of the carbs not "seating" right.  Make sure the cable ends are in their home!  We also see where the cable will fray and cause issues.  

• Like 1