Lower case mount stripped

Even if the bolt is messed up, you have the bolt from the other motor mount stay as a reference.

If the bolt isn't good, it should also be replaced, obviously.

Personally, I wouldn't use wd40, but I have cutting fluid readily available. If I didn't have the right shit, I'd use wd40 before I used vegetable oil because anything is better than nothing along that line of thinking.

Depending on your ability and how comfortable you are you will have to decide the position the hole is at for tapping. I would be afraid to it on the ground in the dark, but I've tapped hundreds of holes. No step for a stepper there. But do what you're comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gotchya. Makes sense

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

9046f81a163430f9d13af353eb05b0f5.jpg

Nope. He was right. One end is welded straiGHt and one is angled. Depends on how you disassembled it whether or not it would pose an issue.

And even if you have the straight piece forward you still need to make sure it's the correct angle at the case.. make sure it's not upside down

I didnt even think about that.. Ive had this thing apart since Oct. its possible I have them in upside down.. now im questioning myself.. If I have the motor out of the frame with just the mounts hanging there, they should be angled slightly upwards correct? 

Edited by Ayesully810

I didnt even think about that.. Ive had this thing apart since Oct. its possible I have them in upside down.. now im questioning myself.. If I have the motor out of the frame with just the mounts hanging there, they should be angled slightly upwards correct?

They are bushed on each end with a rubber insert and will flex. If you didn't remove them from the chassis then they would still be oriented correctly. It is easy enough to tell by looking at them how they should go.

They are bushed on each end with a rubber insert and will flex. If you didn't remove them from the chassis then they would still be oriented correctly. It is easy enough to tell by looking at them how they should go.

I feel like a total noob now. Ive removed them many times before and put them back on. Idk why im questioning my self all of a sudden now.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1