Thumb throttle stiffness

I have two things. The first thing i was looking for help on is my banshee runs good but has no bottom end and when the power band hits it hits hard.  How do i make it smoother and or get more bottom end. The second thing I'm looking for help with is the my thumb throttle sucks. I know its gonna be hard to put but this is super hard. My banshee is a 2004 with fmf pipes and thats it. 

I have two things. The first thing i was looking for help on is my banshee runs good but has no bottom end and when the power band hits it hits hard. How do i make it smoother and or get more bottom end. The second thing I'm looking for help with is the my thumb throttle sucks. I know its gonna be hard to put but this is super hard. My banshee is a 2004 with fmf pipes and thats it.

Hard to say on your bottom end throttle response. Could be the typical two stroke power or could be jetting.

Stiff throttle could be a poorly lubricated cable or a bind in the cable from the route from the thumb throttle to the carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming your cable's are fine and not in a bind, you can try a honda thumb throttle or a billet thumb throttle extension,

I'm not sure if the TORs can cause stiffness issues. Mine came off right when i bought the bike.

As for the bottom end, welcome to a banshee.

• Like 1

I would venture to guess that a new throttle cable would be a good start on your stiff throttle.

What carbs? What pipes? Stock reeds? Advanced timing? How's your compression?

Please excuse griff there, he don't read so well sometimes. Stock stock stock and fmf pipes. Hehe!

Like Cajun said, it won't lug around like a 4 stroke, but your definition of no bottom end and ours may be different.

• Like 1

Please excuse griff there, he don't read so well sometimes. Stock stock stock and fmf pipes. Hehe!

Like Cajun said, it won't lug around like a 4 stroke, but your definition of no bottom end and ours may be different.

my serval had more low end than I ever needed. It was full of off idle power. Also lots of ppl have shit on their bikes and don't realize it.

my serval had more low end than I ever needed. It was full of off idle power. Also lots of ppl have shit on their bikes and don't realize it.

Lol! Well, he did mention stock except for the fmfs. Can't question a statement like that.

Mine can tractor up a levee crawling in 2nd gear. It does not and will never have the power delivery like a four stroke. If i rode tighter stuff, a simple bolt on engine with full suspension would be my first choice instead of the typical mod the engine first and suspension later.