Gliders vs haulers

Clymage

I'm looking at getting a new set of paddles.

My banshee Is built for the trails (woods), but I do about 4 trips to the Sand a year (1-2 trips to Beverly in WA, 2-3 trips to Oregon) I have a 373cc 4 mil. With pro circut, stock clutch, k&n, cool head, 30 mm okos, dynoed at 58 hp. I just bought some used 22x11x10 8 paddle extremes, not sure if I like them yet, think I want more wheel spin for play, I'm obsessed with doing tree shots. And I want another set just to drag race with (4:20 in Beverly). I'm thinking 25x12x10 10 paddle super lights. Too much? Any help is appreciated

Gliders are smaller paddles than haulers, made for little kid machines.  You should be comparing and looking at extremes or haulers.  I also wouldn't go with a tire diameter any larger than 22", 25" is way too tall of a tire for your set up.  Do you have an extended swingarm?  For the best all around play tire, I would be looking at a 20" or 21" extreme or hauler with 8 to 10 paddles.  If you want more wheel spin then go with a 20" and 8 paddles, more traction then go with 21" and 9 or 10 paddles.

My personal preference is a 21x12x8" extreme 10 paddle and I like doing the tree shooting hill climbing in the Oregon dunes too.  If I were more into jumping and playing I would probably go with a 20" tire.  I just bought another pair from RM ATV and they were $510 on .190 rims.  The 21" 10 paddle tire is about all the traction I would want on my +4 swingarm.  The biggest advantage I find to having a larger diameter tire is that if the sand is wet and there are deep wheel ruts, the larger diameter tire give more ground clearance so you don't get high centered and drag the frame, plus more traction.  

• Like 1

I have a plus four swing arm. It sounds like we ride very similar while in the dunes. Befor I put the new stroker in I had 20" 8 paddles. Then I went to 22" 10 paddles and that was too much to play. So then I grabed used (tires were getting expensive) 22" 8 paddles. Still fingering them out. I went 22" cuase I was told that's what I wanted for the tree shots in Winchester. While in Oregon I love railing the trails and going down the "idiot holes". The reason I started the post is because once a year I enter into a sand drags grudge race (4:20), and I want tires just for this. It's supper flat, 300' silty sand (Beverly wa)