Cylinder Re powder coat does this need to be removed

Good evening all.

As the topic says, I'm getting all smaller parts ready to go to powder coat. I'm having the cylinders re powder coated and was wondering if this plug needs to be removed? I would assume yes but was not certain.

07e2203e555c20005e73ea3ebf096901.jpg

Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Great advice, will do that tonight. Stupit question what are the plugs for?

Coolant plugs for some reason, I have no idea why they are there to be honest, maybe somebody smarter than me knows.

I say replace them because I can guarantee you, it really pisses you off when you are just getting ready for the first fire up and you got coolant leaking out of them. Then the whole top end has to come back apart to replace them. This happened on the first motor I ever put together, every one since gets new plugs  

Yes, powder coat requires the parts be heated in an oven so anything rubber or plastic needs removed. 

As well, I would recommend you have a good chat with the coating company or someone competent to ensure no gasket surfaces are coated.  I have seen this before and getting powder back off is not fun, especially when trying to salvage the surface.

Mull Engineering

Yes, powder coat requires the parts be heated in an oven so anything rubber or plastic needs removed.

As well, I would recommend you have a good chat with the coating company or someone competent to ensure no gasket surfaces are coated. I have seen this before and getting powder back off is not fun, especially when trying to salvage the surface.

Mull Engineering

I will have a chat with them when I get the parts down to them. They have said that they protect all the surfaces that can't have powder on them.

Since its -27 degrees celsius with wind chill the shop is closed for the day