Banshee project

js2289

Woo it runs just took it up and down my street.   It started first kick but It has this horrible bog off idle, doesnt want to rev and wants to die, unless i pull the choke half way then it runs halfway decent and revs.  also when i parked it, it was dumping fuel out of the leftside carb (choke side) I suppose i need to rebuild the carbs.   ( fresh plugs and fuel with tors bypassed)  Any good kits?   worth upgrading the carbs?    I want something reliable.    Any tricks hooking up and removing the airbox  to the carbs?   Its seems to be a pita.   

Well i pulled the carbs out and apart to inspect and reclean since i have the manual now.   I noticed in the bowl of the choke lever carb there is a brass jet.   I cant find it in the manual but it is only in one carb.   I think it might be a "starter jet"  from online search. Should both carbs have that jet?   Also my jetting is 260 main 25 pilot .  Bike is stock besides fmf fatty pipes and silencers and pro flow filter.   Im at 100' above sea level.  Feel like that pilot should be bigger?   Thoughts???      :thanks:

Also is there any reason to keep the coolant overflow bottle? or can i delete it?

Edited by js2289

Bowl with the brass jet goes on choke side, make sure to put your choke tube back on when you put carbs back on, depending on the temps where you live you may want to bump the mains up a size or 2 if it's colder there.

Trash coolant overflow bottle, if you are puking coolant out the overflow, you got a problem.