Plugs and compression for athena

I'm working on a banshee for my buddy. Has an Athena motor with coolhead, 34 PJ carbs, aftermarket CDI, can't tell if timing is advanced,( didn't want to take off flywheel) Should I be running B8ES? Or 9's? Also where do you think I should be at for compression to run 93 octane, oil mix ratio suggestions ?

• Like 1

Run B8's on gas. If you don't see an adjustable timing plate or notice where the stock plate has been modded (bolt holes will be oblong instead of round) then timing is stock. If stock plate happens to be modded about +5 is as far as it will go. 32:1 on the ratio. I can't answer those other questions without more info.

Leak down test it, check compression and report back.

Alright thanks gentlemen, I've never fucked with an Athena motor ,just trying to put him in the right direction without destroying the bike. I'll get some compression and check back. He bought the bike knowing nothing about them so he asked me to take a wrench to it. I'm just replacing shit, chain rollers,fluids, cleaning the pods and carbs, epoxying chain whack, fixing tether switch, wrapping the exhaust by pods, new nerf bars blah

blah

• Like 1

• 1 month later...