V-Force II reeds

'Evening all.  I've been out of the Banshee game for about six years or so, but I'm back now.  All three of our Banshee's have sat and I dragged up one of them last weekend and started cleaning it up and changing all the fluids etc.  I've forgotten alot.  Anyway, this is a question I should know but forget.  What does the little bar that holds the reed pedals to the housing mean when it's in the "low" or "high" position.  Also, when the reed block is sitting upright, should I be able to reed the low or high bar or should it be upside down?

Thanks 

Edited by Toomey Banshee

High or Low tension. It's pretty self explanatory. When you look at the shape of the bar when it's on high it contacts the reeds closer to the tips so the reed has more tension. When it's on low it's not clamping the reed as far down so you get less tension.

Low tension reeds are going to be more responsive at the cost of reed petal life. Where as high tension will be a little stiffer and not open as far but it will make petal life a little longer.