One cylinder not firing

Hey guys, I've got some problems.. It seems like my left cylinder isn't firing right. It's getting gas and the plug is wet but it's like it's not igniting. It also has hot exhaust coming out it. Doesn't idle quite right like it did before and it'll run, but once I get to the power band it just has nothing. The plug does have spark. But maybe it's not enough? Just looking for ideas on what it could be. Coil? Plug boot? Something else? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just installed reeds. They are used v force 3s.. Also, after installing the reeds I found that both my intake boots were cracked so I replaced them.

What do I need to check for on the reeds? They look brand new to me. Pulling them back out is going to suck because I used RTV this last time I put it back together.

And is carb sync more than just checking it by eye?

yes.

There is a tool. I've had more then a handful of bikes be way of by the screw and cables.they might move at the same time but one may be higher by the cable, or the idle screws, or the mixture screw may be different.

• 3 months later...

I can get on it and try to ride..it'll putt around but once I try to get on it and in the power band it just has nothing

Did you get this resolved? Hopefully you have, it's been a while since the post lol. I was dealing with a similar issue recently, it ended up being my float height and the float was also tweaked a bit. Straightened it out and shee was screaming

Also just discovered my tors delete was only half done(bought it with tors removed) I started reading about idle screw adjustments but my carbs only have air screws. So I'll be tapping some carbs tomorrow.

Just a couple things to check. I screwed up just about every step of the way building my banshee. I learned the hard way but I'm happy I learned what not to do, and why not to do it.

I actually got rid of the bike without resolving it. I'm pretty sure the top end was shop. The cylinder that wasn't firing had low compression. I was tired of messing with it so I just sold it. I don't think 2 strokes are for me... I love riding them but I'm not very fond of working on them lol

Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away.

I actually got rid of the bike without resolving it. I'm pretty sure the top end was shop. The cylinder that wasn't firing had low compression. I was tired of messing with it so I just sold it. I don't think 2 strokes are for me... I love riding them but I'm not very fond of working on them lol

I know what you mean brotha! This site has an incredible amount of info. Every problem that has ever existed on a banshee with a thousand answers as to what it MIGHT be lol. It can be overwhelming. I'm just now getting used to the site so I've always read through other posts to try to find the exact symptoms my bike was having. Doesn't seem like any 2 banshee issues are the same haha.

If you need any help in the future shoot me a message and I'll try to lend a hand! 2 strokes aren't hard to work on, but 2 cylinders makes it harder

• Like 1

I know what you mean brotha! This site has an incredible amount of info. Every problem that has ever existed on a banshee with a thousand answers as to what it MIGHT be lol. It can be overwhelming. I'm just now getting used to the site so I've always read through other posts to try to find the exact symptoms my bike was having. Doesn't seem like any 2 banshee issues are the same haha.

If you need any help in the future shoot me a message and I'll try to lend a hand! 2 strokes aren't hard to work on, but 2 cylinders makes it harder

Yea I definitely got a lot of good info off here! I'm sure I'll have another banshee one of these days so I'll remember that. If I wasn't so tight for money at the time I probably would've kept it and rebuilt it. No better way to learn than to just tear everything apart and put it back together!