Need advice on top end

So I'm going to be redoing my top end in the fall unless it pops before then . I'm thinking of either having the cylinders ported and putting in wiesco's or leaving the ports alone and installing vitos SS pistons. My number one priority is to retain the best possible gas mileage with horsepower second. Which option would be best or is there another option I haven't thought of. My mods are k&n pods, stock carbs, dmc 916, 21cc domes, +4 timing, VF4, run on 94 octane. This is a 100% trail bike. I also plan to have the bottom end freshened up during the rebuild and the crank trued and welded. Maybe some tranny mods while the cases are split.

Sheerider11, what were you riding? I burned almost 8 gallons a day at Hatfeild Mcoys, stock cyls, fmf fattys, at least 6 hours and just over 60 miles of trails a day. ive never ridden dunes, so I have no comparison.

My personal bike the tank only last about 2 hours of play riding in the trails.

The PT bike same thing and I'll top it off in the morning, ride till lunch, it'll be about 1/4-1/8 of a tank. Then top off again. End at about the same amount

Stock stroke "trail" "mx" port is a good port.

Had a stock stroke surfrjag ported bike. Tank would last all day.

PT mid's stock carb pods +4 20cc dome vf2. Thing pulled hard! But barley drank fuel. Think it was a 300 or 290 27.5 stock needle.

What elavation were u at ?? Thats right around thrme set up i want to go for.