03 banshee that needs a complete rebuild. New to all of this and could use some advise.

regp

I got an 03 banshee that is basically a frame and a big box of rusty parts. Supposedly the chain broke before the guy pulled it apart. Where is a good place to start with it? Someone suggested getting the parts cleaned up and ordering a bolt kit for it. Any other suggestions? It's a little intimidating to look at it, and not really know what you're doing lol.

I got an 03 banshee that is basically a frame and a big box of rusty parts. Supposedly the chain broke before the guy pulled it apart. Where is a good place to start with it? Someone suggested getting the parts cleaned up and ordering a bolt kit for it. Any other suggestions? It's a little intimidating to look at it, and not really know what you're doing lol.

A Clymers like stated and an alloy bolts kit would be nice because it list where all the bolts go

• 2 weeks later...

It's always intimidating the 1st time. One thing for sure, make sure to clean and relube all the bearings in the motor. Order new ones if in doubt cause lots of stress get put on these. Imo the banshee motor is a very easy one to work on. Lots of potential in these engines hope you one day get to enjoy it...

Or just buy used parts from a reputable member. Not knocking motor city atv. I've bought shit he carries for driveline performance. That's where it ends though.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Edited by bigweav81