Currently have rickystator DC. Putting in stock stator to test, need guidance.

Dan7305

I have a Rickystator DC charging kit on my banshee so I can run HIDs, it feels like it never wants to clean out and is rich, even though while jetting it was getting way lean.

Some folks on this site suggested I put on a known good stator, to see if my rickystator is bad. I don't have a KNOWN GOOD, since I never started it prior to rebuild, but I do have the stock one I pulled off of it.

Reading up on it and looking at diagrams, there's mention of a floating ground to get the DC portion of it working, but nothing about creating the floating ground, or what that actually means.

Can I just leave the yellow wire coming out of the stator un plugged to test run it, and just not use the lights? Or will that burn out that part of the coil? I don't know why it would, but lack of research led me to purchase the rickystator, just trying to cover my bases now.

Also, who makes a good stator for running DC?

If I were you I would get a oem stator there the best period. And float the ground it's really simple I can help you out and explain how to do this. I currently have my oem stator floated with a rectifier and battery kit from JL and my lights and quad work perfectly No issues.

Larry, using the HIDs that I had from previous experiments was preferred over spending money on LEDs, as then the HIDs would still be not used. So I went that route. I did some looking, maybe I had the wrong search terms, but I couldn't find an answer to my individual question that nothing will be damaged leaving the yellow wire unhooked.

Zilla, awesome, thanks for the answer.

Jogon, awesome, I'll probably take you up on that. How hard is it to do the floating? Should I just do it before testing so I only pull the flywheel once?